G'MIC- Great Plugin with a collection of more than 190 filter and effect for Gimp
G’MIC has been made available as an easy-to-use plug-in for GIMP. It extends this retouching software capabilities by offering a large number of pre-defined image filters and effects. Of course, this plug-in is highly customizable and it is possible to dynamically add your custom G’MIC-written filters in it.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint : Download the .deb packages from this link
-You can also install it via PPA repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/gimp
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gmic gimp-gmic
Or You can instead use the officiel repository to install this plugin in : Debian, Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
1-Open /etc/apt/sources.list using your favorite text editor
2- Add this line at the end of list (Change xxx to name of your installed system for example for ubuntu 10.10 change xxx to lucid, for debian lenny change xxx to lenny …etc:
deb http://glouk.legtux.org/gmic_apt xxxx contrib
3- Now update and install:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gmic
For other Linux distribution:
In this link you will find pre-compiled binaries of the plug-in for common architectures. Pick one archive below, unzip all its content into your GIMP plug-in directory, and you’re done. The G’MIC plug-in should be then available from the Filters/G’MIC.. menu entry.
Useful Links: http://gmic.sourceforge.net
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...4 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .