Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
G'MIC- Great Plugin with a collection of more than 190 filter and effect for Gimp
G’MIC has been made available as an easy-to-use plug-in for GIMP. It extends this retouching software capabilities by offering a large number of pre-defined image filters and effects. Of course, this plug-in is highly customizable and it is possible to dynamically add your custom G’MIC-written filters in it.
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint : Download the .deb packages from this link
-You can also install it via PPA repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/gimp
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gmic gimp-gmic
Or You can instead use the officiel repository to install this plugin in : Debian, Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
1-Open /etc/apt/sources.list using your favorite text editor
2- Add this line at the end of list (Change xxx to name of your installed system for example for ubuntu 10.10 change xxx to lucid, for debian lenny change xxx to lenny …etc:
deb http://glouk.legtux.org/gmic_apt xxxx contrib
3- Now update and install:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gmic
For other Linux distribution:
In this link you will find pre-compiled binaries of the plug-in for common architectures. Pick one archive below, unzip all its content into your GIMP plug-in directory, and you’re done. The G’MIC plug-in should be then available from the Filters/G’MIC.. menu entry.
Useful Links: http://gmic.sourceforge.net
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .