GIMP 2.7.4 has been released!
GIMP 2.7.4 has been released, according to the announcement, this developement release is potentially the last testing version of GIMP before the upcoming 2.8 release.
What `s new in GIMP 2.7.4?
- Add a close button to image tabs in single-window mode
– Improve the transform tools’ undo strings to be more descriptive
– Render the layer’s “eye” icon in inconsistent state if the layer is
visible, but one of its parents isn’t
– Add proper stacking for canvas items, so things don’t hide each other
– Make sure single-window-mode and multi-window-mode are always saved
consistently in sessionrc
- Add a basic paint dynamics PDB interface
- Make writing color space information to BMP files optional
– PSD loader now reads and imports working paths
Find more info about this release in this link.
Installation of Gimp 2.7.4 on Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:matthaeus123/mrw-gimp-svn
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp