Geary 0.6.0 Released! Install in Ubuntu via PPA
Geary is a lightweight email client also developed by the Yorba team, Geary 0.6.0 is the latest stable release, announced on March 17, 2014. It comes with much improvements since the last stable release.
In an announcing email by Charles:
We at Yorba are pleased to announce the release of Geary 0.6.0, a new stable version of our IMAP mail client. Much has changed since our last stable release, including:
* Basic search scope operators, such as from:john
* An oft-requested “save sent mail” option for non-Gmail users
* Separate actions for archive, trash, and delete
* Much improved server support — if you found Geary unusable in the past on a Dovecot or other non-”cloud service” server, I’d urge you to give it another go
* Many stability, speed, and interface improvements and bugfixes
The Geary 0.6.0 tarball can be downloaded at <https://download.gnome.org/sources/geary/0.6/geary-0.6.0.tar.xz>. Geary 0.6.0 is also available for Ubuntu Saucy users at our PPA: <https://launchpad.net/~yorba/+archive/ppa>.
Install Geary 0.6.0 in Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy) via PPA
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install geary
You can also download the tarball here.