Geary 0.4.3 Released, With Two Fixes
Yorba has released Geary 0.4.3, an update of our IMAP email client. This update features two fixes:
- Fix “squished” conversation list when used with certain themes
- Compile-time support for WebKitGTK 2.0
In particular, the first problem affects users of Mint 16 Cinnamon. Those users should upgrade to Geary 0.4.3 to avoid this display problem.
The tarball for the Geary 0.4.3 is available here
Ubuntu users (including Mint) can install the upgrade at Yorba’s PPA:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
The Yorba PPA is maintained by the Yorba Foundation and home to the Shotwell Photo Manager, the Geary email client, and gexiv2 (a GObject wrapper for the Exiv2 metadata library). More info: https://launchpad.net/~yorba/+archive/ppa Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it
gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmp99zr_i/secring.gpg' created gpg: keyring `/tmp/tmp99zr_i/pubring.gpg' created gpg: requesting key E549B1AC from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com gpg: /tmp/tmp99zr_i/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created gpg: key E549B1AC: public key "Launchpad yorba" imported gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: imported: 1 (RSA: 1) OK
$ sudo apt-get update
Now run the geary with apt-get to install.
$ sudo apt-get install geary
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following extra packages will be installed: libunique-3.0-0 The following NEW packages will be installed: geary libunique-3.0-0 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 195 not upgraded. Need to get 1,495 kB of archives. After this operation, 5,260 kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Note that neither of the above problems should affect users of the recent 0.4 backport to Precise/Luna.
Source : Yorba
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .