Gcompris – Educational software for children
GCompris is a suite of free educational software for children aged 2 to 10. It is available for Linux, Mac OS X and other systems.
Gcomrpis have many education cathergoris.
computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gesture, …
algebra: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror image, …
science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulation …
geography: place the country on the map
games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku …
reading: reading practice
other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing, cartoon making,
Lets show you how to install this on Linux.
In your fedora or fedora based machine
first you have to install the rpmfusion free and non-free respository. from http://rpmfusion.org/
Now begin to install with yum
#yum install -y gcompris
In Ubuntu :
In karmic go to software center and look for gcompris then click download, you can always use terminal to install it
sudo apt-get install gcompris
For other linux distro machines download the file from this link
start the application from application> education > administration
Start the fun with > application> education> Gcompris education suite
or paint with tux paint
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .