Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Gcompris – Educational software for children
GCompris is a suite of free educational software for children aged 2 to 10. It is available for Linux, Mac OS X and other systems.
Gcomrpis have many education cathergoris.
computer discovery: keyboard, mouse, different mouse gesture, …
algebra: table memory, enumeration, double entry table, mirror image, …
science: the canal lock, the water cycle, the submarine, electric simulation …
geography: place the country on the map
games: chess, memory, connect 4, oware, sudoku …
reading: reading practice
other: learn to tell time, puzzle of famous paintings, vector drawing, cartoon making,
Lets show you how to install this on Linux.
In your fedora or fedora based machine
first you have to install the rpmfusion free and non-free respository. from http://rpmfusion.org/
Now begin to install with yum
#yum install -y gcompris
In Ubuntu :
In karmic go to software center and look for gcompris then click download, you can always use terminal to install it
sudo apt-get install gcompris
For other linux distro machines download the file from this link
start the application from application> education > administration
Start the fun with > application> education> Gcompris education suite
or paint with tux paint
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .