galculator is a GTK 2 / GTK 3 based scientific calculator supporting algebraic mode as well as RPN. Features include arithmetic precedence handling, mathematical functions, different number bases (DEC, HEX, BIN, OCT) and angle bases (radiant, degree, and grad).
– Algebraic mode, RPN (Reverse Polish Notation), Formula Entry and Paper mode
– Decimal, hexadecimal, octal and binary number base
– Radiant, degree and grad support
– Basic and Scientific Mode
– User defined constants and functions
– Trigonometric functions, power, sqare root, natural and common logarithm, inverse and hyperbolic functions
– Binary arithmetic of configurable bit length and signedness
– Quad-precision floating point arithmetic
– 112-bit binary arithmetic
– Copy and paste
– Available in more than 20 translations.
Install galculator in Ubuntu
$ sudo apt-get install galculator
gcalculator in Basic, Scientific and Paper mode:
You can compile galcuator from source.
Enjoy, all 21st century “Newtons” ;-)