Future Fedora 13 name will be : Goddard
Announced today by Fedora that Fedora 13 name will be Goddard . Traditionally Fedora release names have a connection with the previous version’s name. In this case, Fedora 12 was named Constantine and the connection to Goddard comes from rocket science.
Robert Hutchings Goddard(October 5, 1882 – August 10, 1945), U.S. professor of physics and scientist , was a pioneer of controlled, liquid-fueled rocketry . He launched the world’s first liquid-fueled rocket on March 16, 1926. From 1930 to 1935, he launched rockets that attained speeds of up to 885km/h (550 mph). Though his work in the field was revolutionary, he was sometimes ridiculed for his theories sib.
This the voting results :
Using the Fedora Range Voting method, each candidate could attain a maximum of2191 votes (313*7).
Results:1. Goddard 1177- --[ Cut Off ] --
2. Langstrom 1009
3. Gloriana 977
4. Botany 922
5. Loana 707
6. Truro 654
7. Manfredi 504
As such, Goddard has been selected as the release name for Fedora 13.
Links : http://www.redhat.com , http://fedoraproject.com ,http://www.wikipedia.com
Related Articles By tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .