Friends App: A Microblogging Client For Social Networks
As you may know Gwibber is an Open Source microblogging client for GNOME written in Python and GTK. It brings the most popular social networking web services such as Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Qaiku etc to your desktop and gives you the ability to control how you communicate. The list of supported social networking services are given below.
Gwibber gives combined stream of all your messages ans status and will automatically shorten URLs when they are posted. It has a buil-in search tool that supports saved searches. You can customize the Gwibber’s look and feel and also it has automatic spell checking feature. It has multicolumn user interface, so that you view multiple streams at once in the same window.
But from Ubuntu 13.04 onwards, Gwibber is dropped and does not come pre-installed on Ubuntu 13.04. Now it has been replaced with Friends App. It has the same functionality and features as Gwibber.
Install Friends App On Ubuntu 13.04
Friends App is available in the default repositories. You can install it from Terminal with command:
$ sudo apt-get install friends-app
Unlike Gwibber, it has a single Timeline window that shows all your status messages and tweets.At the first launch, you will be asked to add online accounts first.
Also Friends App doesn’t has any Menu. To add the Social network account in Friends App, goto Dash -> System Settings -> Online Accounts or Menu -> Preferences -> Online Accounts. Enter your social network credentials.
If you want to post a update to your wall, click on the Post button found in the bottom corner of Friends App.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .