Fluxbox1.3.0 is released!
Fluxbox is a stacking window manager for the X Window System, which started as a fork of Blackbox 0.61.1, with the same aim to be lightweight. Its user interface as only a taskbar, a pop-up menu accessible by right-clicking on the desktop, and minimal support for graphical icons. All basic configurations are controlled by text files, including the construction of menus and the mapping of keybindings. Fluxbox has high compliance to the Extended Window Manager Hints specification.
Fluxbox can show some eye candy: colors, gradients, borders, and several other basic appearance attributes can be specified. Recent versions support rounded corners and graphical elements. Effects managers such as xcompmgr and transset-df can add true transparency to desktop elements and windows. Enhancements can also be provided by using iDesk or fbdesk, or the ROX Desktop. Fluxbox also has several features Blackbox lacks, including tabbed windows and a configurable.
What`s New in 1.3.0:
– Added support for bidirectional text, #2801836.
– Allow to override ‘Focus New Windows’ via .fluxbox/apps
– New actions:
– New ‘MoveN’ and ‘ClickN’ action support for keys file
– New focus model ‘StrictMouseFocus’. This will affect focus when
closing, moving, lowering windows, changing desktops, etc, whereas the
‘MouseFocus’ model will only change focus when you move the mouse.
– New “background: unset” property for use in overlays.
– Allowing relative paths for background images in style files.
– Allowing matching screen number in ClientPattern.
– Removed rootcommand from init, as fbsetbg is run automatically nowadays.
– Removed line style resources from init file.
Install and use Fluxbox in Ubuntu:
Open terminal type the following:
First open the source.list file:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/paultag/fluxbox/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/paultag/fluxbox/ubuntu maverick main
Save and exit
Now in the terminal type :
sudo apt-get update -y
Finally install Fluxbox with:
sudo apt-get install fluxbox