Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Fix some configuration issues after kernel update in opensuse 10.x and 11.x
After the kernel updates in opensuse 10.x and 11.x. you got some configurations who are not working any more.
Soms of these configurations are of Nvidia drivers, Virtualbox, and Vmwar, let`s see bellow how to reconfigure them after a kernel update.
1- Fix Nvidia after kernel update.
Open terminal and change level from level5 (Graphic mode) to runlevel 3 ,under root use one of the commands bellow :
Now try to install the Nvidia installer downloaded from the nvidia
go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and download the nvidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86………run,
Install the driver using the command :
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_xxxxxxxxx-.run -K
Change xxxx with driver version
Now back to graphic mode , use the one of the commands bellow:
init 5 or rcxdm start
2-VirtualBox Fix after Kernel Update
re-configure the box again with:
3-VMWare Fix after Kernel Update
run this command to reconfigure Mvware
If you have more issues during kernel update in opensuse, please report them and will help you to resolve them.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .