Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Fix some configuration issues after kernel update in opensuse 10.x and 11.x
After the kernel updates in opensuse 10.x and 11.x. you got some configurations who are not working any more.
Soms of these configurations are of Nvidia drivers, Virtualbox, and Vmwar, let`s see bellow how to reconfigure them after a kernel update.
1- Fix Nvidia after kernel update.
Open terminal and change level from level5 (Graphic mode) to runlevel 3 ,under root use one of the commands bellow :
Now try to install the Nvidia installer downloaded from the nvidia
go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and download the nvidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86………run,
Install the driver using the command :
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_xxxxxxxxx-.run -K
Change xxxx with driver version
Now back to graphic mode , use the one of the commands bellow:
init 5 or rcxdm start
2-VirtualBox Fix after Kernel Update
re-configure the box again with:
3-VMWare Fix after Kernel Update
run this command to reconfigure Mvware
If you have more issues during kernel update in opensuse, please report them and will help you to resolve them.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .