Fix some configuration issues after kernel update in opensuse 10.x and 11.x
After the kernel updates in opensuse 10.x and 11.x. you got some configurations who are not working any more.
Soms of these configurations are of Nvidia drivers, Virtualbox, and Vmwar, let`s see bellow how to reconfigure them after a kernel update.
1- Fix Nvidia after kernel update.
Open terminal and change level from level5 (Graphic mode) to runlevel 3 ,under root use one of the commands bellow :
Now try to install the Nvidia installer downloaded from the nvidia
go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and download the nvidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86………run,
Install the driver using the command :
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_xxxxxxxxx-.run -K
Change xxxx with driver version
Now back to graphic mode , use the one of the commands bellow:
init 5 or rcxdm start
2-VirtualBox Fix after Kernel Update
re-configure the box again with:
3-VMWare Fix after Kernel Update
run this command to reconfigure Mvware
If you have more issues during kernel update in opensuse, please report them and will help you to resolve them.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .