Fix some configuration issues after kernel update in opensuse 10.x and 11.x
After the kernel updates in opensuse 10.x and 11.x. you got some configurations who are not working any more.
Soms of these configurations are of Nvidia drivers, Virtualbox, and Vmwar, let`s see bellow how to reconfigure them after a kernel update.
1- Fix Nvidia after kernel update.
Open terminal and change level from level5 (Graphic mode) to runlevel 3 ,under root use one of the commands bellow :
Now try to install the Nvidia installer downloaded from the nvidia
go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and download the nvidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86………run,
Install the driver using the command :
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86_xxxxxxxxx-.run -K
Change xxxx with driver version
Now back to graphic mode , use the one of the commands bellow:
init 5 or rcxdm start
2-VirtualBox Fix after Kernel Update
re-configure the box again with:
3-VMWare Fix after Kernel Update
run this command to reconfigure Mvware
If you have more issues during kernel update in opensuse, please report them and will help you to resolve them.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .