How To Fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1″ error
google-chrome as we all know is the web browser from Google, which is also mostly used by net surfers.
In this article am going to show how to fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1” when installing google-chrome from a .deb file. This happens especially when you just installed a new debian based such as Ubuntu, Cruchbang and the others.
Running the command below, on your downloaded google-chrome .deb file.
$ sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable*.deb
produces the an error message which follow below:
[sudo] password for enock: Selecting previously unselected package google-chrome-stable. (Reading database ... 162755 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking google-chrome-stable (from google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of google-chrome-stable: google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1; however: Package libxss1 is not installed. dpkg: error processing google-chrome-stable (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Processing triggers for man-db ... Processing triggers for gnome-menus ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index... Processing triggers for mime-support ... Errors were encountered while processing: google-chrome-stable
Even when you try from Ubuntu Software Center, this message is still displayed at the top. As shown in the figure below:
Open Terminal and run the commands below:
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install libgconf2-4 libnss3-1d libxss1
This installs the required packages:
[sudo] password for enock: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following NEW packages will be installed: libgconf2-4 libnss3-1d libxss1 0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 23.1 kB of archives. After this operation, 540 kB of additional disk space will be used. Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy/main libxss1 amd64 1:1.2.2-1 [8,582 B] Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy/main libgconf2-4 amd64 3.2.6-0ubuntu1 [2,046 B] Get:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ saucy/main libnss3-1d amd64 2:3.15.1-1ubuntu1 [12.4 kB] Fetched 23.1 kB in 1s (18.0 kB/s) Selecting previously unselected package libxss1:amd64. (Reading database ... 162755 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking libxss1:amd64 (from .../libxss1_1%3a1.2.2-1_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package libgconf2-4:amd64. Unpacking libgconf2-4:amd64 (from .../libgconf2-4_3.2.6-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously unselected package libnss3-1d:amd64. Unpacking libnss3-1d:amd64 (from .../libnss3-1d_2%3a3.15.1-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ... Setting up libxss1:amd64 (1:1.2.2-1) ... Setting up libgconf2-4:amd64 (3.2.6-0ubuntu1) ... Setting up libnss3-1d:amd64 (2:3.15.1-1ubuntu1) ... Processing triggers for libc-bin
Now re-run dpkg on google-chrome and it should work successfully:
$ sudo dpkg -i google-chrome-stable*.deb
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .