Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Firefox 7.0 Released with Enhanced Memory Usage
The final build for Firefox 7.0 has been launched (for Linux, Windows, and Mac). This is a stable release that fixes a previous issue that made Mozilla Firefox run slow. The memory leak problem has disturbed Mozilla for years, and it has finally been resolved. Memory inconsistencies were addressed using MemShrink, an initiative that was started this June.
With no memory leaks and fewer OOMS, there will be less aborts and crashes. The new browser uses far less memory than the previous versions (about 20% to 50%).
Other changes will be noticed in the look and feel of the browser, including the changes in its ‘awesome bar’. The new and latest Mozilla 7.0 is ready for download.
And if you are looking for some adventure, you can try downloading Firefox v9 nightly, or Firefox Aurora v8. But these are only for developers and experienced users.
1- Download :
For 32 bit use this command to download firefox7.0
For 64 bit:
2- Now extract and move the folder to /opt
tar xvjf firefox-7.0.tar.bz2
sudo cp -r firefox/ /opt/firefox
sudo rm firefox-7.0.tar.bz2
sudo rm -r firefox/
3- Make a Symbolic Link
“Backup” the old Firefox launcher:
sudo mv /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefox-old
Create a symbolic link pointing to the new Firefox version:
sudo ln -s /opt/firefox/firefox6 /usr/bin/firefox
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .