Firefox 7.0 Released with Enhanced Memory Usage
The final build for Firefox 7.0 has been launched (for Linux, Windows, and Mac). This is a stable release that fixes a previous issue that made Mozilla Firefox run slow. The memory leak problem has disturbed Mozilla for years, and it has finally been resolved. Memory inconsistencies were addressed using MemShrink, an initiative that was started this June.
With no memory leaks and fewer OOMS, there will be less aborts and crashes. The new browser uses far less memory than the previous versions (about 20% to 50%).
Other changes will be noticed in the look and feel of the browser, including the changes in its ‘awesome bar’. The new and latest Mozilla 7.0 is ready for download.
And if you are looking for some adventure, you can try downloading Firefox v9 nightly, or Firefox Aurora v8. But these are only for developers and experienced users.
1- Download :
For 32 bit use this command to download firefox7.0
For 64 bit:
2- Now extract and move the folder to /opt
tar xvjf firefox-7.0.tar.bz2
sudo cp -r firefox/ /opt/firefox
sudo rm firefox-7.0.tar.bz2
sudo rm -r firefox/
3- Make a Symbolic Link
“Backup” the old Firefox launcher:
sudo mv /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefox-old
Create a symbolic link pointing to the new Firefox version:
sudo ln -s /opt/firefox/firefox6 /usr/bin/firefox
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .