Firefox 7.0 Released with Enhanced Memory Usage
The final build for Firefox 7.0 has been launched (for Linux, Windows, and Mac). This is a stable release that fixes a previous issue that made Mozilla Firefox run slow. The memory leak problem has disturbed Mozilla for years, and it has finally been resolved. Memory inconsistencies were addressed using MemShrink, an initiative that was started this June.
With no memory leaks and fewer OOMS, there will be less aborts and crashes. The new browser uses far less memory than the previous versions (about 20% to 50%).
Other changes will be noticed in the look and feel of the browser, including the changes in its ‘awesome bar’. The new and latest Mozilla 7.0 is ready for download.
And if you are looking for some adventure, you can try downloading Firefox v9 nightly, or Firefox Aurora v8. But these are only for developers and experienced users.
1- Download :
For 32 bit use this command to download firefox7.0
For 64 bit:
2- Now extract and move the folder to /opt
tar xvjf firefox-7.0.tar.bz2
sudo cp -r firefox/ /opt/firefox
sudo rm firefox-7.0.tar.bz2
sudo rm -r firefox/
3- Make a Symbolic Link
“Backup” the old Firefox launcher:
sudo mv /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefox-old
Create a symbolic link pointing to the new Firefox version:
sudo ln -s /opt/firefox/firefox6 /usr/bin/firefox
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .