Firefox 27 Has Been Released, Install It In Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr
Dear linux geeks,
In this tutorial I will teach you how to install the latest version of Firefox browser in your Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr machine. Firefox 27 comes with many new features, such as Firefox SocialAPI and TLS 1.2 support.
The Firefox SocialAPI feature allows you to get Facebook and Twitter notifications while you are surfing the internet. What about TLS 1.2? What is it?
The TLS 1.2 feature offers some secure encryption algorithms to make sure you are in a very safe ‘place’.
This version of Firefox web browser comes with support for SPDY protocol 3.1 which is used to speed up the load of the pages so you can have a faster browsing experience.
Installing Firefox 27 in your Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr machine is very easy, because the latest version of Firefox has been already added to the default repositories.
Open a new terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and update the local repository index with the following command.
sudo apt-get update
After the update is finished run the following command to install Firefox 27 in your machine.
sudo apt-get install firefox
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .