Firefox 25 Has Been Released!
Mozilla has officially released Firefox 25 web browser on Linux, Mac, Windows and Android. This release of the Firefox web browser contains many new features, security fixes and updates. What is new in this release of Firefox for the desktop?
The find bar is no longer shared between tabs and the most important new feature is the Web Audio support, which help developers to improve audio support for browser-based games and other web services. Mozilla Firefox developers declare that the Web Audio support is a major building block in supporting advanced games and applications. Unfortunately, this is the last one.
There are five critical and three high vulnerabilities fixed in this release of Firefox web browser. You can read them in the following security fixes list:
- Critical: Use-after-free in HTML document templates
- Critical: Memory corruption in workers
- Critical: Miscellaneous use-after-free issues found through ASAN fuzzing
- High: Security bypass of PDF.js checks using iframes
- Critical: Use-after-free when updating offline cache
- High: Writing to cycle collected object during image decoding
- High: Access violation with XSLT and uninitialized data
- Moderate: Spoofing addressbar though SELECT element
- Critical: Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:25.0 / rv:24.1 / rv:17.0.10)
What changed in this release of Firefox 25?
- If away from Firefox for months, you now will be offered the option to migrate another browser’s history and settings
- Resetting Firefox no longer clears your browsing session.
Is there any other important fix you should know about? Yes, another important fix every Firefox user should know about is the Blank or missing page thumbnails when opening a new tab.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .