Firefox 24 Has Been Released
September 17, 2013. Mozilla Firefox announced the release of Firefox 24 for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. There are new many features and security fixes included in this release of Mozilla Firefox, such as support for new scrolling style in Mac OS X 10. and and the ability to tear-off the chat windows by dragging them as standalone. It also implemented Close tabs to the right and a very important security vulnerability was fixed. This vulnerability could allow attackers to run code and install software on your machine without your consent.
Firefox 24 comes with performance improvements on New Tab Page loads, improved and unified Browser console for enhanced debugging experience, replacing existing Error console, accessibility related improvements on using pinned tabs. Crash during WAV audio file decoding has been fixed and support for sherlock files that are loaded from application or profile directory is being removed. Some security fixes include Memory corruption involving scrolling, WebGL Information disclosure through OS X NVIDIA graphic drivers, Same-origin bypass through symbolic links, and Shared object library loading from writable location. If you like security fixes can be found here.
Upgrade To Firefox 24 In Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
That’s it. When you launch Firefox it will open the newest version.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .