Firefox 24 Has Been Released
September 17, 2013. Mozilla Firefox announced the release of Firefox 24 for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. There are new many features and security fixes included in this release of Mozilla Firefox, such as support for new scrolling style in Mac OS X 10. and and the ability to tear-off the chat windows by dragging them as standalone. It also implemented Close tabs to the right and a very important security vulnerability was fixed. This vulnerability could allow attackers to run code and install software on your machine without your consent.
Firefox 24 comes with performance improvements on New Tab Page loads, improved and unified Browser console for enhanced debugging experience, replacing existing Error console, accessibility related improvements on using pinned tabs. Crash during WAV audio file decoding has been fixed and support for sherlock files that are loaded from application or profile directory is being removed. Some security fixes include Memory corruption involving scrolling, WebGL Information disclosure through OS X NVIDIA graphic drivers, Same-origin bypass through symbolic links, and Shared object library loading from writable location. If you like security fixes can be found here.
Upgrade To Firefox 24 In Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
That’s it. When you launch Firefox it will open the newest version.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .