Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Find Your chakra Linux 2011.04 | With screenshots Tour
Phil Miller proudly announced the last milestone for Chakra the GNU/2011.04 a powerful Arch Linux distro last week. The Chakra Project, today, remains a milestone for Arch Linux and is as important as Ubuntu has become for Debian. It was born out of need for an Arch Linux distribution but with simple project principles combing the
elegance of a KDE. Project Chakra with telling Qt design and cutting-edge KDE Software compilation is charting new courses by adopting a half-rolling release model for stable updates for software and a one-of-a-kind bundle system for integrating key GTK apps with the environment.
Quick Intro to Project Chakra
In May 2010, Chakra operating system, known as Phoix was released. However, the exponential growth led to the KDEmod development being dropped and Chakra was given complete impetus to become a very stable and well received project. Dec of 2011will likely be the official 1.0 release of the project.
What Chakra delivers on
Due credit needs to be given to the project developers as they have stuck to their initial goals developing this project. Simple, quick and elegant Chakra has every feature a dream distro needs and is fast building on its core strengths.
Chakra in actually is more than a simple distro, It is essentially a sophisticated Project that keeps things uncluttered, linear and transparent that simply does not make it a for-everything and everyone –type of distro. Therefore, structure and code are crisp and cleanly visible as well as giving it an inherent stability. The stable features give Chakra its great momentum- speed, power and high-featured usability.
Project Chakra fast grows on the user as it allows scope for easy foundation building of various capabilities, much to their delight.
The Heart of Chakra is the finely tuned Live CD, atop a KDE and Qt platform that allows for quick, flexible bundle system followed by the half-rolling release model that ensures, users will not have to spend time on updating and reinstalling new systems.
It is largely due to its powerful tools specific to Project Chakra that it derives its main competency. Chakra core is its tool, the Tribe graphic-installer on a full fledged KDE system that has achieved Project Chakra’s modular and scaling capabilities.
Chakra 2011.04 Milestone 5 offers the following features
Prior to the Final Release of Aida on 22nd April, the fifth and last release of chakra 2011.04 is symbolic and significant.
KDE 4.6.2 is now fixed, creating stable packages. The Burg installation because of GPT support has improved features. WLAN detection while on live is on course now allowing for faster language installation through Tribe along with a fully translated Appset-Qt with CCR support.
The DVD edition users need to follow specific call instructions, by logging in as Live and calling “sudo pacman -U /opt/chakra/pkgs/nvidia-lts*” followed by startx. This will be fixed on the final images as presently the nividia-Its kernel modul is missing and running Kernel-Its and nivdia driver will land on the terminal.
Download if you have 691 MB with MD5 or a 700MB, MD5, explore Chakra find its capabilities and appreciate Miller and his team for a job well done. Of course, the bugs missed need to be reported and follow-up is actively solicited for Chakra’s fruitful evolution.
Screenshots Tour :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .