Finally, Manjaro Linux 0.8.7 Has Been Released
Everyday there are new users coming to Linux world and they don’t know anything about linux distros. Are you a new linux user? Are you new to Manjaro Linux?
What is Manjaro Linux?
Manjaro Linux is a linux distribution based on Arch Linux, it is very user friendly and it cones in three editions featuring the Xfce, GNOME 3 (with the Cinnamon Shell) and KDE desktops. We have to mention that Manjaro Linux is a desktop oriented distribution and on of the features I personally like the most about it is the ability of automatic hardware detection. You can read more information about Manjaro Linux in the Manjaro official website.
Yesterday, August 26, the Manjaro development team announced a new stable release of Manjaro Linux. This stable release of Manjaro is called ‘Ascella‘. A change has been on the development team, a new developer has joined the Manjaro Development team, his name is Arnt. There is a new front end for pacman on this release of Manjar Linux, which makes box updating really simple.
The work of the new developer who joined the team is Octopi 0.2.0 gets introduces with the Openbox edition. This Manjaro Linux release comes up with a new welcome screen and with the additional support for Yaourt which helps the AUR repository to extend the official Manjaro repositories. The good news for newcomers to Manjaro Linux is that they don’t need to be smart people in order to install Manjaro Linux and now that both installers got tweaked and enhanced installation is as easy as watching a TV show.
There are many new features included in this release of Manjaro Linux. The stable Manjaro release, ‘Ascella’ comes with Firefox 22.0.1 web browser, Thunderbird 17.0.8 email client, VLC 2.0.8a media player and Mint Display Manager 1.3.1 (XFCE only). If you are curious about all features in this release of Manjaro Linux keep reading, i have listed them below.
Live Media features:
- Kernel: 3.4.59 LTS
- Xorg: 1.14.2
- Webbrowser: Firefox 22.0.1
- Email Client: Thunderbird 17.0.8 (XFCE only)
- Media Player: VLC 2.0.8a,
- Package Manager: Pamac 0.7.5.2 (XFCE), Octopi 0.2.0 (Openbox)
- Whisker Menu 1.1.1 (XFCE only)
- Mint Display Manager 1.3.1 (XFCE only)
- Slim Display Manager 1.3.5 (Openbox only)
- Manjaro Settings Manager 0.1.2
- Live-Installer 0.8.7
- Minimalistic XFCE 4.10 Desktop (XFCE only)
- Minimalistic Openbox 3.5.0 Desktop (Openbox only)
- PA-mixer replaced pn-mixer and volumeicon
- Better pulseaudio support
- Latest free and proprietary drivers
Head over to Download page to get the latest version of Manjaro.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .