Are you ready for some good news? Are you interested to know what is the best selling application on Ubuntu for July? Do you use Filebot, the application which helps you to rename video files? If so then you should be proud of using it because it is on top of the list.
This ultimate TV and Movie re-namer can be found in the Ubuntu Software Center. With a click at just $2.99 it is yours. The reason it is on top justifies its price. There are people that don’t know about this app yet so read the below description about Filebot.
What is Filebot?
Are you a big movie fan? Ok, this app is for you. It helps you to organize your movies, TV shows and anime and it helps you to download subtitles and artwork for your files. Filebot does automatic lookup to fetch your movie subtitles but it also allows you to manually download and add them.
Do you like to work on the command-line as much as you like to eat a hot pizza? Cool, the Filebot has a simple command-line interface for renaming media files and fetching subtitles as well as checking or creating SFV files.
Filebot also has a scripting engine which helps you guys to do complex automated processing. It sounds nice, doesn’t it? Ok, here are some features of this app.
- A simple user-interface tuned for drag-n-drop (no need to bother with file dialogs)
- Platform-independent and straight-forward application deployment
- Powerful and full-featured cmdline interface and scripting interface for any kind of automation
- Episode naming scheme
- Rename files
- Rename and move hundreds of media files in a matter of seconds
- Fetch episode info from TVRage, AniDB, TheTVDB or Serienjunkies
- Accurate and robust and simply awesome file / episode matching logic
- Series / Anime / Movie name auto-detection
- Powerful and highly customizable episode naming scheme
- MediaInfo optional
- Supports language preferences for series and episode titles
- Supports movie identification and renaming via OpenSubtitles, IMDb or TheMovieDB
- Reverse rename files using internal history or the original torrent file
- Download subtitles
- Download subtitles from OpenSubtitles
- Advanced matching logic of files and subtitles
- Find exact subtitles on OpenSubtitles
- Integrated subtitle viewer for srt, ass and sub files
- Transcode any subtitle as UTF-8 encoded srt
And the list goes on. Filebot has too many features to list above. But you can visit the website to see all the features of Filebot.
Now that you know which is on top for July best selling applications for Ubuntu, I guess you are interested for the name that sits in the second place?
The Minecraft Launcher (MC Launcher) is right behind Filebot. This application is also only $2.99 and you can buy it from the Ubuntu Software Center.
Now for third place. The web creation tool Quick’n easy web builder has dropped one place from last month and now sits in third place.
The Filebot app has made a lot of progress from the previous month, going up two places. HDD Ranger and the macro recorder Robotux which have a high price were not able to be in the top ten list again like they were in June. A new entry on the list which places at five in the list is Spindl. This app is the highest new entry.
Maybe some of your own Linux friends want to know which is the best selling application on Ubuntu for July. I think it is time to share our articles with your friends. I will be back with another article soon, but wait until I finish my pizza. Oh, wait a second. I want to tell you guys something else; Did you check our article about new games coming on Steam? Read it here.