Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
FFmpeg 0.5.1 is released!
FFmpeg 0.5.1 is released, This release fixes security, packaging and licensing issues for FFmpeg 0.5, but it is a maintenance only release; no new codecs, formats or other feature are being introduced. The full details are spelled out in the the release notes and changelog.
There have been security fixes for the ASF, Ogg and MOV/MP4 demuxers as well as the FFv1, H.264, HuffYUV, MLP, MPEG audio and Snow decoders. libswscale can now be compiled in LGPL mode, albeit with x86 optimizations disabled. Some non-free bits in a test program were replaced. The AC-3 decoder is now completely LGPL. AMR-NB/WB support is now possible in free software through the OpenCORE libraries.
To help packagers, the x264 glue code was updated to work with newer versions and symbol versioning was backported, as was the lock management API. The symbol versioning change is enabled on platforms that support it. This allows users to upgrade from 0.5.1 to the upcoming 0.6 release without having to recompile their applications. While this release is both API and ABI compatible with 0.5, please note that distributors have to recompile applications against 0.5.1 in order to make seamless upgrades to 0.6 possible.
Release Note :
- build system updates
- documentation updates
- fix for GPL code in libswscale that was erroneously activated
- AltiVec code in libswscale is now LGPL
- remaining GPL parts in AC-3 decoder converted to LGPL
- (L)GPL license upgrade support
- AMR-NB decoding/encoding, AMR-WB decoding via OpenCORE libraries
- enable symbol versioning by default for linkers that support it
- backport av_lockmgr_register(), see doc/APIchanges for details
- security fixes for:
– ASF, Ogg and MOV demuxers
– FFv1, H.264, HuffYUV, MLP, MPEG audio and Snow decoders
usefull links : http://www.ffmpeg.org/
Related Articles by Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .