Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Fedora14 'Laughlin' is released!
Fedora 14′s feature list includes:
- All-new debugging features for developers, such as support for dynamic/unplanned memory usage tracking and faster launch thanks to pre-generated indexes
- Powerful remote and out-of-band management capabilities with Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) support
- Framework software for Spice, a rapidly advancing infrastructure for full desktop virtualization
- Updated images available for Amazon EC2, to test-drive the latest open source technologies in the cloud
Fedora 14 also features numerous desktop improvements that all users can see and experience including:
- Faster processing time for picture files using the new and more efficient libjpeg-turbo library
- Updated tech preview of the GNOME shell environment, part of the upcoming GNOME 3.0 release
- A subset of new and innovative software from the MeeGo™ community for an enhanced experience on netbooks and small devices
Some of the many additional features in Fedora 14 include:
- OpenSCAP, an open-source framework for the Security Content Automation Protocol, which provides a framework and approach to maintaining system security backed by NIST standards
- Support for emergent programming languages like D, and refreshed versions of popular languages such as Python 2.7, Erlang R14, and the Rakudo Star implementation of Perl 6
A complete list of Fedora 14 features is available on the Fedora community’s release announcement.
More information about the release can be found in the official release announcement, in a press release from Red Hat and in the release notes. Fedora 14 is available to download for 32 and 64-bit systems from the project’s site.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .