Fedora 15 Beta is here | With screenshots Tours
Good news for the generation X! Dennis Gilmore, the release engineer for Fedora project has made the announcement of releasing Fedora 15 for beta testers. The beta version now features Gnome shell and Gnome3, LibreOffice instead of legacy OpenOffice, BoxGrinder for virtualization, dynamic firewall mode for changing the firewall settings without the need of restarting the operating environment, and many more version updates to a large number of packages. Simultaneously, Xfce and LXDE versions of Fedora have been updated to reflect the mainstream updates and enhancements.
Beta testers can get hold of Fedora version 15 through many sources. The release has been published in torrents sites as well as worldwide mirrors. The beta release is available as Live CDs for AMD, Intel 32 bit, and Intel 64 bit hardware platforms. Additionally, all three platforms are offered two editions of the beta version as Gnome and KDE. If you are looking for Xfce and LXDE spins, then you got to look in the respective websites. Since this is a beta release, users should be careful when it comes to using this release as their main operating system, since there can be defects yet to be discovered.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab : I have explained to you guys how to download youtube videos from Linux with the youtube-dl tool, but...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Fix "E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras" : Ubuntu Restricted Extras is the first package that most people install after a new installation of U...0 comments |
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released!
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
- Fix “W: ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-amd64_Packages”
- How To Fix “E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras”
- How To Install KeePassx 2.0 Alpha 4 In Ubuntu
- Add Package Management Tool On FreeBSD 10
- How To Check Your Hardware Information In Linux
- Updated Debian 7: 7.3 released!
- Geary 0.4.3 Released, With Two Fixes
- Encrypt Your Directories And Partitions With eCryptfs In Linux
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .