Fedora 14 Beta is released! Screenshot Tour
Fedora 14 beta is released, this is the last development build before the final release scheduled for early November
“The Beta release of Fedora 14 “Laughlin” similarly provides a preview of some of the best free and open source technology currently under development, integrated into an ordered distribution that anyone can freely download, use, modify, and redistribute.”
“The beta release is the last important milestone of Fedora 14; only critical bug fixes will be pushed as updates leading up to the general release in early November. Features: the Spice framework for providing a virtual desktop infrastructure; extended utilities for remote or powered-off management of servers; updates in a wide variety of programming languages, including D programming language support and Rakudo Star, an early implementation of the Perl 6 specification; alternative environments like Sugar and software from the MeeGo project; the next-generation systemd management for faster start-up..” Read the full announcement.
Here are some notable features you can test out in the Fedora 14 Beta:
- The Spice (Simple Protocol for Independent Computing Environments) framework for providing a virtual desktop infrastructure, which is expected to be extended and integrated in future releases
- Extended utilities for remote or powered-off management of servers with IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface) capabilities
- Updates in a wide variety of programming languages, including D programming language support and Rakudo Star, an early implementation of the Perl 6 specification based on the Parrot virtual machine
- Improved debugging and integration with existing tools to enhance Fedora as a RAD platform
- Alternative environments like Sugar, and software from the MeeGo™ project
- The next-generation systemd management for faster startup and on-demand loading and unloading of services is expected to be offered as a technology preview in Fedora 14, and is likely to become the default initialization system in Fedora 15
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .