Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Facebook Smartphone Coming in 2013
It’s been on the top of the list of technology rumors for some months but it has finally been unofficially confirmed via Bloomberg, Facebook are collaborating with smartphone manufacturer HTC to release the Facebook smartphone some time in 2013.
Sources claim that the new Facebook based smartphone was originally set for a 2012 release but was pushed back until next year to allow HTC to develop and work on other products. There is no official announcement of a release date yet, but mid-way through the year seems to be the target at this stage.
The odd part of the story is neither Facebook nor HTC have actually confirmed the new Facebook smartphone. But it’s well documented that Facebook has been poaching former Apple and Palm design engineers to help develop and work with HTC. And the fact that Bloomberg have broken the story seems to be enough confirmation to get Facebook fans and smartphone technologists talking.
It is still way too early to tell what features the new smartphone will have, but it’s expected to be a custom built Facebook interface built on top of the Android smartphone operating system.
Unixmen.com will keep a close eye on this developing story and post updates as they become available.
Update: There has been some interesting news since this was first reported. See here http://www.unixmen.com/confirmed-new-facebook-home-service-coming-to-android
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .