Exaile music player is released! Equalizer and new plugins added
Exaile music player is released, the n ew release come with many new features and many bugs fixed, now in the new version is including a completely revamped and much more powerful tag editor, an equalizer, Collection panel should now be faster , better support for non-standard filename encodings, standalone lyrics pane plugin, Plugins for DAAP music sharing support, better display of compilation albums.
Exaile is a music player inspired by KDE’s Amarok, but for GTK+ and written in Python. It incorporates many of the cool things from Amarok (and other media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, Last.fm support, an advanced tag editor, and a SHOUTcast directory browser. Exaile additionally uses tabbed playlists, so you can have more than one playlist open at a time.
- In Karmic Koala:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:exaile-devel/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install exaile
NOTE: the db for 0.3.1 is not backwards compatible with 0.3.0. A backup of any existing 0.3.0 db will be made when you upgrade to enable easy downgrades, but it is advised that you make you own backup as well if you care about saved ratings, playcounts, etc.
NOTICE: There is a bug in this release wherin running it from the source will sometimes fail. This does NOT affect installations created via “make install”, only those running from the source directory itself. A patch may be found here and the issue will also be fixed in 0.3.1.1.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...4 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .