Exaile music player is released! Equalizer and new plugins added
Exaile music player is released, the n ew release come with many new features and many bugs fixed, now in the new version is including a completely revamped and much more powerful tag editor, an equalizer, Collection panel should now be faster , better support for non-standard filename encodings, standalone lyrics pane plugin, Plugins for DAAP music sharing support, better display of compilation albums.
Exaile is a music player inspired by KDE’s Amarok, but for GTK+ and written in Python. It incorporates many of the cool things from Amarok (and other media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, Last.fm support, an advanced tag editor, and a SHOUTcast directory browser. Exaile additionally uses tabbed playlists, so you can have more than one playlist open at a time.
- In Karmic Koala:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:exaile-devel/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install exaile
NOTE: the db for 0.3.1 is not backwards compatible with 0.3.0. A backup of any existing 0.3.0 db will be made when you upgrade to enable easy downgrades, but it is advised that you make you own backup as well if you care about saved ratings, playcounts, etc.
NOTICE: There is a bug in this release wherin running it from the source will sometimes fail. This does NOT affect installations created via “make install”, only those running from the source directory itself. A patch may be found here and the issue will also be fixed in 0.3.1.1.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
- Linux Basics: Zypper Usage On openSUSE
- GNOME’s 3.12 supports Google Cloud Print
- How to enable 32-bit support for 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 or greater
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .