Enlightenment 17 is soon to be released!
The founder and leader of Enlightenment window manager and set of libraries, announced a few days ago that the next release will be the last one before they will finally release the long awaited version 17!
How crazy is that? Well…some of you may think that this is a Linux version 3.0, or Wine version 1.0 situation but it is not. “Rasterman”, begun the development of version 0.17, or E17 almost 12 years ago (December 2000), but his (legendary) insistence to perfection led the project into a never ending road of development. Bugfixing, polishing and inner/outer completion was the dream and reality for every Enlightenment developer all these years, and now it is the time that this lovely project will reach its biggest goal!
Most of the right now available Enlightenment themes will stop working but you can find some of the still working here.
So, is this going to be the first completely bugfree piece of software ever made? This is practically impossible, but I am sure it is going to be the most complete window manager that exists (till E18 gets released). Right now, developers fix 5 to 20 bugs every day, and everyone is getting prepared for the EFL 1.7 release.
Carsten Haitzler writes:
There’s probably been better times to try out E17 given how many things I actively break while trying to fix other things, but I can definitely assure readers that there has never been a time closer to its release than right now. Except now. And now.
So if you’ve tried E17 before and gave up because it lacked something, give it a shot again. If it’s still missing that exact feature that you need, file a bug in trac: I get paid to do nothing but fix them!
If you’ve never tried E17 and you want a highly configurable, good-looking desktop environment, try it. If you don’t like it, I’ll personally refund the cost.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .