Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Enchance Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid lynx and ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat repositories with Medibuntu
The actual repositories of Lucid Lynx and Maverick Meerkat contain all softwares you need for your ubuntu, from media players to graphics tools to games …and more, the installation now is getting more easy with the ubuntu software center where with a simple click you can find hondred of softwares and click to install, but if we look how many softwares we will have to add repositories and then add keys before to install, or the ones that we will have to download from official website of the software ? So many examples exist, like opera , google earth, w32codecs, skype , realplayer and more .
To make life easy, you need just to add Medibuntu repositories, so what is Medibuntu ?
Medibuntu is a packaging project dedicated to distributing software that cannot be included in Ubuntu for various reasons, related to geographical variations in legislation regarding intellectual property, security and other issues:
- patentability of software, algorithms, formats and other abstract creation
- legal restrictions on freedom of speech or communication
- restrictions on the use of certain types of technical solution, such as cryptography
- legal restrictions on imports of software technology, requiring for example specific permissions
Now after you adding Medibuntu repositories you will be able to install many software(Opera , Sun Java ,Acrobat Reader…) that are not included in the ubuntu software center and you will stop wasting time looking for for the right package and from where to download the package … because you will be able to install the package by simple typing :
sudo apt-get install xxx
Now let`s see how to add Medibuntu repositories:
1- Add the Medibuntu repository.
echo deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ karmic free non-free | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
2- Add the verification key
wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3- Update the installation :
sudo apt-get update
4- Now you will be able to install softwares by simple using this command :
sudo apt-get install xxx
The second option is to add Medibuntu repositories by copying this command to your terminal :
sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list
&& sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .