Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Enchance your launchbar in Linux with Cairo-Dock
Cairo-Dock is an animated application launch bar for the desktop, comparable to the dock in Mac OS X or Rocket Dock (for Windows). It is compatible with Compiz, but it can also run without a composite manager . Cairo-Dock can run under GNOME, KDE and XFCE.
The latest version of Cairo Dock 2.1.1 has been released. The new version fixed many bugs now become more stable especialy when the Open GPL is activated. The big news is that the Open GPL support now the latest drivers from ATI and Intel video card. The themes now are user freindly interface, you can sort them by name, rating or simplicity.
Bellow will show you how to install Cairo-Dock in Linux:
-1- Install Cairo-Dock
- In Ubuntu /LinuxMint /
To install the latest stable release of Cairo-Dock in Ubuntu / LinuxMint and Debian, you have to copy/past the commands bellow in your terminal and is done
echo "deb http://repository.cairo-dock.org/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) cairo-dock ## Cairo-Dock-Stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://repository.cairo-dock.org/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
- For Debian :
echo "deb http://repository.cairo-dock.org/debian $cd_release cairo-dock ## Cairo-Dock-Stable" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://repository.cairo-dock.org/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | apt-key add -
apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
- In Fedora
To install Cairo Dock in fedora follow the steps bellow :
Then type the command :
rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Then install Cairo-Dock :
yum install cairo-dock*
- Mandriva :
In mandriva you can simply use the command :
2- Use of Cairo-Dock :
Go to Applications —> System tools—> cairo-Dock you can shoose to launch With GPL or without GPL
You will got a menu like this :
If you want to add more icons you can simply take the icon from the menu to the cairo-dock launch-bar.
3- Change cairo dock themes :
You can simply change the theme by right click on the menu bar –> Cairo Duck–>Manage themes
Then select theme and click apply and quit.
See our Video :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .