Enchance your launchbar in Linux with Cairo-Dock
Cairo-Dock is an animated application launch bar for the desktop, comparable to the dock in Mac OS X or Rocket Dock (for Windows). It is compatible with Compiz, but it can also run without a composite manager . Cairo-Dock can run under GNOME, KDE and XFCE.
The latest version of Cairo Dock 2.1.1 has been released. The new version fixed many bugs now become more stable especialy when the Open GPL is activated. The big news is that the Open GPL support now the latest drivers from ATI and Intel video card. The themes now are user freindly interface, you can sort them by name, rating or simplicity.
Bellow will show you how to install Cairo-Dock in Linux:
-1- Install Cairo-Dock
- In Ubuntu /LinuxMint /
To install the latest stable release of Cairo-Dock in Ubuntu / LinuxMint and Debian, you have to copy/past the commands bellow in your terminal and is done
echo "deb http://repository.cairo-dock.org/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) cairo-dock ## Cairo-Dock-Stable" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://repository.cairo-dock.org/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
- For Debian :
echo "deb http://repository.cairo-dock.org/debian $cd_release cairo-dock ## Cairo-Dock-Stable" | tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://repository.cairo-dock.org/cairo-dock.gpg -O- | apt-key add -
apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
- In Fedora
To install Cairo Dock in fedora follow the steps bellow :
Then type the command :
rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Then install Cairo-Dock :
yum install cairo-dock*
- Mandriva :
In mandriva you can simply use the command :
2- Use of Cairo-Dock :
Go to Applications —> System tools—> cairo-Dock you can shoose to launch With GPL or without GPL
You will got a menu like this :
If you want to add more icons you can simply take the icon from the menu to the cairo-dock launch-bar.
3- Change cairo dock themes :
You can simply change the theme by right click on the menu bar –> Cairo Duck–>Manage themes
Then select theme and click apply and quit.
See our Video :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .