Enchance aMSN with nice skins and Plugins
aMSN is an instant messaging client for the MSN network. It was originally a clone of the Windows MSN Messenger program.
That means it has the same look and feel as it’s Windows counterpart. Since then aMSN has evolved into a more mature client, and has crafted it’s own look and feel, as well as it’s own set of features.
Amsn come with many features, but always you can enchance it by adding more plugins and you can also change the look by adding new skins.
I will give an example of some plugins and skins and will show you how to install/activate them (With screenshots for newbies)
Here are an exemple of some nice plugins :
aMSN plus !
There are many nice skins for amsn, you can find the complete list in this link : List of skins for aMSN
I think most wanted skin for amsn by people that just did migrate from windows to linux is Windows live msn skin,
Download this Skin
You can find on the skin list , skins for msn windows 7 and the one of Windows msn vista , skins of mac ,ubuntu and more
Installation of skins and Plugins :
To install skins and plugins follow the steps bellow :
2- Usualy amsn is installed into the /home/username directory or under /usr/share/amsn/plugins,
so first before to extract open your /home/username directory and go to View–>Show Hidden files (see Screenshot bellow)
3- Now extract the plugin to /home/username .amsn/plugin and for the skins to .amsn/skins
4- Now open aMSN and activate the skin or the plugins
Open amsn and go to Account —> Select Skin if you want to activate new skin
For plugins go to Account–>Selct Plugins
Then select the plugin and click load, the plugin color will be bleu when it is activated, the same you will have to do to load a skin
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .