Enchance aMSN with nice skins and Plugins
aMSN is an instant messaging client for the MSN network. It was originally a clone of the Windows MSN Messenger program.
That means it has the same look and feel as it’s Windows counterpart. Since then aMSN has evolved into a more mature client, and has crafted it’s own look and feel, as well as it’s own set of features.
Amsn come with many features, but always you can enchance it by adding more plugins and you can also change the look by adding new skins.
I will give an example of some plugins and skins and will show you how to install/activate them (With screenshots for newbies)
Here are an exemple of some nice plugins :
aMSN plus !
There are many nice skins for amsn, you can find the complete list in this link : List of skins for aMSN
I think most wanted skin for amsn by people that just did migrate from windows to linux is Windows live msn skin,
Download this Skin
You can find on the skin list , skins for msn windows 7 and the one of Windows msn vista , skins of mac ,ubuntu and more
Installation of skins and Plugins :
To install skins and plugins follow the steps bellow :
2- Usualy amsn is installed into the /home/username directory or under /usr/share/amsn/plugins,
so first before to extract open your /home/username directory and go to View–>Show Hidden files (see Screenshot bellow)
3- Now extract the plugin to /home/username .amsn/plugin and for the skins to .amsn/skins
4- Now open aMSN and activate the skin or the plugins
Open amsn and go to Account —> Select Skin if you want to activate new skin
For plugins go to Account–>Selct Plugins
Then select the plugin and click load, the plugin color will be bleu when it is activated, the same you will have to do to load a skin
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea? : As we all know the Windows XP apocalypse is approaching gradually and Windows XP is still one of Mic...1 comment |
- Check System Information With Hardinfo : HardInfo can gather information about your system's hardware and operating system, perform benchmark...0 comments |
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization : What is Pandora FMS? Pandora FMS is an open source Flexible Monitoring System developed by Artica, ...1 comment |
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released! : Yeah! finally Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” final release is now available for downloads. Fedora 20 whose f...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
- How To Fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1″ error
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea?
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released!
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
- Fix “W: ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-amd64_Packages”
- How To Fix “E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras”
- How To Install KeePassx 2.0 Alpha 4 In Ubuntu
- Add Package Management Tool On FreeBSD 10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .