Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Enchance aMSN with nice skins and Plugins
aMSN is an instant messaging client for the MSN network. It was originally a clone of the Windows MSN Messenger program.
That means it has the same look and feel as it’s Windows counterpart. Since then aMSN has evolved into a more mature client, and has crafted it’s own look and feel, as well as it’s own set of features.
Amsn come with many features, but always you can enchance it by adding more plugins and you can also change the look by adding new skins.
I will give an example of some plugins and skins and will show you how to install/activate them (With screenshots for newbies)
Here are an exemple of some nice plugins :
aMSN plus !
There are many nice skins for amsn, you can find the complete list in this link : List of skins for aMSN
I think most wanted skin for amsn by people that just did migrate from windows to linux is Windows live msn skin,
Download this Skin
You can find on the skin list , skins for msn windows 7 and the one of Windows msn vista , skins of mac ,ubuntu and more
Installation of skins and Plugins :
To install skins and plugins follow the steps bellow :
2- Usualy amsn is installed into the /home/username directory or under /usr/share/amsn/plugins,
so first before to extract open your /home/username directory and go to View–>Show Hidden files (see Screenshot bellow)
3- Now extract the plugin to /home/username .amsn/plugin and for the skins to .amsn/skins
4- Now open aMSN and activate the skin or the plugins
Open amsn and go to Account —> Select Skin if you want to activate new skin
For plugins go to Account–>Selct Plugins
Then select the plugin and click load, the plugin color will be bleu when it is activated, the same you will have to do to load a skin
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...5 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .