Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Emulating DS games with DesmuMe| Nintendo emulator for Linux
DesmuME is a popular open source Nintendo DS emulator for the Linux, Windows and Mac OSX platform. It has a ton of unique functions and is the most feature rich emulator to exist till date.
We, the Linux users have always been deprived of good video games. Emulation can heal that wound to a certain level. DesmuME has the ability to play a lot of commercial titles as well as homebrew ones. So, if you’re bored, this might be worth giving it a go. This tutorial will cover the installation of DesmuME in detail.
The Linux version of DesmuME is available as source code only. We will have to build it from scratch.
First things first, let’s get the dependencies out of the way.
sudo apt-get install gcc make libglib2 libgtk2 libglade gettext libsdl zlib intltool agg libasound
We now need to grab the source. Head on over to http://desmume.org/download/ and grab the latest source. It was 0.9.7 at the time of this writing.
tar xvzf desmume-0.9.7.tar.gz
All that’s left is configuring it and installing.
sudo make install
That’s all. For info on how to actually boot up a nds rom, read the readme included.
A word of advice: It’s illegal to emulate a rom that you don’t have a physical copy of. Please don’t download roms illegally.
example (running game Star wars in my own machine)
If you have a crash on a 64bit environment while disabling/enabling sound during gameplay, deinstall agg (libagg-dev on Debian) and rebuild. This should solve the problem.
This is a guest post contributed by Convexity
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...1 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .