On February 24th, 2014, The Emmabuntüs Team is pleased to announce the 6th maintenance release of Emmabuntüs 2 32 and 64-bit 1.07. As you may know, Emmabuntus is an Operating system, specially designed for educational environments like Schools, Colleges, and even for Universities. The Emmabuntus latest version is based on Xubuntu 12.04.4, including many bug fixes and improvements. Hence it is based Xbuntu LTS, it is stable, fast and light-weight, which comes with XFCE Desktop environment. Unlike other 6 months rolling releases, Emmabuntus team gives long-term-support for over 5 years. So you don’t have to worry about stability. This distribution was designed to renovate your old computers, as considerably as to expand the lifespan of hardware and to reduce over consumption and waste in electronics.
– Updated packages for Xubuntu 12.04.4, codecs and extensions contained in web browsers (Firefox, Chromium), Thunderbird mail reader.
– Update the extension Language Tools 2.4 for LibreOffice.
– Updated gCDEmu 2.0.0.
– Reorganized favorites in browsers.
– Updated Canon 2.70 pilots.
– Fixed launch dock for languages not supported.
– Corrected BOINC installation.
– Corrected VirtualBox installation.