Eina- It just plays music. but does it pretty well
Eina works like a common portable music player. Just plays what you want to listen.
Apart from simplicity, users expect more from a player than just reading files. Artwork, lyrics, network support, artist data and other music information find their right place in Eina.
Plugins can take care of all the extra functionality, since Eina exposes everything from its internals. It’s fairly easy to extend the player capabilities and change the way it works inside. Feel free to request new features and make things the way you like.
Download and Install Eina
For Ubuntu karmic koala :
Add repository to sources.list
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Add these 2 lines at the end of the list :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/eina/ubuntu karmic main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/eina/ubuntu karmic main
Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install eina
For Fedora :
Eina is included in Fedora since F9. You can get the packages from its reposity
For other Linux distributions download the latest version install from source :
Screenshots are from the officiel website of Eina
Usefull Links : http://eina.sourceforge.net/
Related Articles By Tag :
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...3 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .