Discover the Physics of Gaming on Trine
Trine is a familiar Alternative Games (for Linux) release as part of the Humble Indie Bundle (third). An original FrozenByte product, it is for those gamers who want the logic of puzzle solving in their hardcore gaming environment. Add to it the fact that it is developed around popular concepts of physics and …that it is today offered as open source Linux game the joy of exploring it visibly doubles, triples!
Trine original made its appearance in 2009 for the blue-blood of closed software Windows and a few months later for PlayStation. As it quickly become popular it was offered on Mac OS X in 2010 and from April 12, 2011, on GNU/Linux.
Physical structure required for your Physics Puzzle
So, you have a wonderful puzzle or game on your hand if you have dual (2.0 GHz) processor and preferably with Shader Model 3.0 but the Radeon 2800 HD /GeForce 6800 are good enough. NVIDIA are compulsory and watch out if you have a Radeon 500series that will not be supported. Being both a Platform and Puzzle, it is built robustly for single player as well as rich multiple player (will require gamepads) environments. The E rating should help if your children would perhaps want to explore it after you give up trying to solve puzzles.
The Trine storyline and game-lines
The story as with all stories begins at the beginning. Three characters –a knight, a wizard and a thief are magically trapped in a single body. At any one time, only one character can become the predominant player and the other two characters become dormant. The game is all about the characters struggle to free themselves from the magic spell and become themselves.
Trine being a 2 and a half Dimensional game on a side-wards scrolling platform, its wonderful mix of action, adventure that if when you want to put on a thinking cap becomes your bête noir as you solve level after increasing difficult level of puzzles to liberate the characters. Alternatively, you can navigate to a MMORG-type all power gaming with swords, skeletons and a list of other ammunition and warfare.
You have the freedom of pre-setting the level of difficulty and perhaps you could let the kids have a go at it with a lower difficulty level to explore the deep and abstract Physics concepts while they are having fun. This is one feature that truly makes it worth all of the $30 at the third Humble Indie Bundle (third). Maybe you could reset the difficulty level to harder when you get your hands on the console to liberate the three Zoya (the thief), Pontius (the Knight) and Amadeus (the Wizard).
The demo intro gives a complete lowdown on what to expect from the game and be warned that you are going to go to deuce within the first few minutes, because the game is marvelously entertaining and a faithful Physics concept learner by default.
The Post Script
Frozen byte is working hard on the sequel called Trine 2 and is planning for a late summer release.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers, In this tutorial I will teach you how to install a nice and modern text editor...0 comments |
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu : QMPlay2 Build 13.12.15 has been officially released with many new features and improvement of minor ...0 comments |
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu : Guake is a drop-down terminal for GNOME and any other desktop. It aims to provide a quick-access ter...0 comments |
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu : If you are looking for a nice download manager that speeds up your download speed and integrates wel...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install Radio Tray In Ubuntu
- How To Install Liferea Feed Reader In Ubuntu
- How To Install PhotoFilmStrip 2.0 In Ubuntu
- Install Flowblade Movie Editor In Ubuntu
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .