Debian Lenny ATI HD 3450 AGP Ati proprietary drivers
This guide will show you how to install on Debian Lenny proprietary drivers for ATI HD 3450 AGP Ati
The packaging scripts for Catalyst drivers 9.1 and 9.2 seem to be broken on Debian Lenny, and as of 9.2, Debian Etch as well.
The quick fix we found for Mepis 8 is to use the SGFXI script from SMXI with the force command..
Installation and configuration on Debian Pure should be identical to Mepis 8.
1 : start from ground zero. You want all of the previous driver information and install files to be gone, and you want to be on the VESA driver. If you have to, reinstall while keeping your /home directory.
2 : open up your terminal and switch to root
3 : copy this command into the terminal :
cd /usr/local/bin && wget -Nc smxi.org/smxi.zip && unzip smxi.zip
you should get a download and unzip message.
4 : enter the command :
This should kill X and put you at the command prompt.
5 : login as root
If you haven’t done it since you installed, now is a good time to do an apt-get update
6 : type the command :
7 : hit enter at all the prompts.
When you finish, reboot or start X, and the driver should be loaded properly.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .