Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Debian Lenny ATI HD 3450 AGP Ati proprietary drivers
This guide will show you how to install on Debian Lenny proprietary drivers for ATI HD 3450 AGP Ati
The packaging scripts for Catalyst drivers 9.1 and 9.2 seem to be broken on Debian Lenny, and as of 9.2, Debian Etch as well.
The quick fix we found for Mepis 8 is to use the SGFXI script from SMXI with the force command..
Installation and configuration on Debian Pure should be identical to Mepis 8.
1 : start from ground zero. You want all of the previous driver information and install files to be gone, and you want to be on the VESA driver. If you have to, reinstall while keeping your /home directory.
2 : open up your terminal and switch to root
3 : copy this command into the terminal :
cd /usr/local/bin && wget -Nc smxi.org/smxi.zip && unzip smxi.zip
you should get a download and unzip message.
4 : enter the command :
This should kill X and put you at the command prompt.
5 : login as root
If you haven’t done it since you installed, now is a good time to do an apt-get update
6 : type the command :
7 : hit enter at all the prompts.
When you finish, reboot or start X, and the driver should be loaded properly.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .