Debian Lenny ATI HD 3450 AGP Ati proprietary drivers
This guide will show you how to install on Debian Lenny proprietary drivers for ATI HD 3450 AGP Ati
The packaging scripts for Catalyst drivers 9.1 and 9.2 seem to be broken on Debian Lenny, and as of 9.2, Debian Etch as well.
The quick fix we found for Mepis 8 is to use the SGFXI script from SMXI with the force command..
Installation and configuration on Debian Pure should be identical to Mepis 8.
1 : start from ground zero. You want all of the previous driver information and install files to be gone, and you want to be on the VESA driver. If you have to, reinstall while keeping your /home directory.
2 : open up your terminal and switch to root
3 : copy this command into the terminal :
cd /usr/local/bin && wget -Nc smxi.org/smxi.zip && unzip smxi.zip
you should get a download and unzip message.
4 : enter the command :
This should kill X and put you at the command prompt.
5 : login as root
If you haven’t done it since you installed, now is a good time to do an apt-get update
6 : type the command :
7 : hit enter at all the prompts.
When you finish, reboot or start X, and the driver should be loaded properly.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .