Custom Compiz Effects configuration in Ubuntu 9.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx | desktop Cube| Updated
Compiz is one of the first compositing window managers for the X Window System that is able to take advantage of OpenGL-acceleration. The integration allows it to perform compositing effects in window management, such as a minimization effect and a cube workspace.
If you want to configure compiz in ubuntu9.10 Karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx , there is a simple configuration tool for compiz called SimpleConfig settings manager that will help you doing this job, it is quick and usefull especialy for linux newbies.
you can also configure using the Compizconfig setting managers another configuration tool for compiz but more advanced.
You can install simple compizconfig settings manager and compiz plugins using the command line :
sudo apt-get install simple-ccsm compiz-fusion-plugins-extra compiz-fusion-plugins-main compiz-plugins emerald
The command above installed simpleconfig and extra plugins for compiz fusion.
Now after to enable custom settings , Right click on your desktop and select change Desktop backgrounds , then select visual effects table
After enabling Custom , click on Preferences ( See screenshot bellow )
If you want to launch simple config setting manager from the menu go to System –> Preferences –> Simpleconfig settings manager
Now you will have this screen, as you can notice is very easy for newbies to use simpleconfig setting manager to configure compiz.
To activate Desktop cube
Go to Desktop tab and in appearance select “Desktop Cube”, then click close
Here are the results :
Now see this video to know how to use SimpleConfig :
If you want compiz keyboard shotcuts please see this Link
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .