Custom Compiz Effects configuration in Ubuntu 9.10 and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx | desktop Cube| Updated
Compiz is one of the first compositing window managers for the X Window System that is able to take advantage of OpenGL-acceleration. The integration allows it to perform compositing effects in window management, such as a minimization effect and a cube workspace.
If you want to configure compiz in ubuntu9.10 Karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx , there is a simple configuration tool for compiz called SimpleConfig settings manager that will help you doing this job, it is quick and usefull especialy for linux newbies.
you can also configure using the Compizconfig setting managers another configuration tool for compiz but more advanced.
You can install simple compizconfig settings manager and compiz plugins using the command line :
sudo apt-get install simple-ccsm compiz-fusion-plugins-extra compiz-fusion-plugins-main compiz-plugins emerald
The command above installed simpleconfig and extra plugins for compiz fusion.
Now after to enable custom settings , Right click on your desktop and select change Desktop backgrounds , then select visual effects table
After enabling Custom , click on Preferences ( See screenshot bellow )
If you want to launch simple config setting manager from the menu go to System –> Preferences –> Simpleconfig settings manager
Now you will have this screen, as you can notice is very easy for newbies to use simpleconfig setting manager to configure compiz.
To activate Desktop cube
Go to Desktop tab and in appearance select “Desktop Cube”, then click close
Here are the results :
Now see this video to know how to use SimpleConfig :
If you want compiz keyboard shotcuts please see this Link
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .