Conky date- Easy way to display time, date on your desktop
Conky date is another conky theme that allow you to display time, date and information of your system on your desktop.
Installation is quit easy, just follow these steps (Tested on Ubuntu12.04 Precise Pangolin and LinuxMint 13 RC Maya):
1- Install conky
sudo apt-get install conky-all
2- Download conky date theme to .conky directory, if it is not existing create it manually
cd .conky wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/964512/conky/conkydate/conkyrc
3- Now start conky date by typing this command in terminal
cocky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc
until now you have the theme installed and working.
and look for position and change it. For borders change gap_x and gap_y:
Name : conky date start
command : sh -c “sleep 30s; conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc”
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Gets New Lock Screen : Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as we can see now, is getting more beautiful and interesting as it approaches few...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install DNS Server On Ubuntu Server 13.10 : Install bind9 on Master Server Login as root and install the bind9 package: apt-get install bind...2 comments |
- Counter Strike Global Offensive Confirmed For Linux : Gabe Newell, co-founder of Valve gave an interview and confirmed the Counter Strike Global Offensi...0 comments |
- SyncDrive: Google Drive Client For Ubuntu And It's Derivatives : SyncDrive is a Google Drive client application for Ubuntu and its derivatives developed by David Tav...0 comments |
- Canonical Works with Cisco! : The Ubuntu distribution is known to everybody nowadays, right? The company behind its development ...0 comments |
- Fix Google Chrome Dependencies When Installing via .RPM Package
- Install DNS Server On Ubuntu Server 13.10
- How To Change Hostname In Fedora 20, 19
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Gets New Lock Screen
- Counter Strike Global Offensive Confirmed For Linux
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .