Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Configure Ubuntu 9.10 behind a proxy
This tutorial show you how to configure firefox, synaptic package manager, apt-get , and network to work properly behind a proxy in Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala
I-Use FireFox Browser Behind a Proxy
Open your Firefox , goto Edit > Preferences
No go to advanced >network>Settings
in the manual proxy insert the proxy server and port
Now ok and restart your Firefox to check if your can browse Internet :)
II-Configure Synaptic Package Manager Behind a Proxy
In the Gnome Panel go to System > administration> Synaptic Package manager > Preferences> Network
In the Autentication you can insert the user and password if that needed .
Now reload your Synaptic pakcgae manager and check if you can instaal some packages
III-Configure your apt-get to get updated and install from shell
edit this file with sudo /etc/bash.bashrc with (Vi nano or gedit)
to apply this fonction aan reboot is needed . then :
IV-Configure the network Proxy
in the gnome pane go to System > prefences>Network Proxy , use the same proxy for all protocols and insert the proxy host, the port ,
in the details you can use it for authentication (user and password)
Now you are ready to use the proxy server sucessfully , please enjoy with Linuxmen team and any comment or question via Forum.
Related links :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .