Configure Ubuntu 9.10 behind a proxy
This tutorial show you how to configure firefox, synaptic package manager, apt-get , and network to work properly behind a proxy in Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala
I-Use FireFox Browser Behind a Proxy
Open your Firefox , goto Edit > Preferences
No go to advanced >network>Settings
in the manual proxy insert the proxy server and port
Now ok and restart your Firefox to check if your can browse Internet :)
II-Configure Synaptic Package Manager Behind a Proxy
In the Gnome Panel go to System > administration> Synaptic Package manager > Preferences> Network
In the Autentication you can insert the user and password if that needed .
Now reload your Synaptic pakcgae manager and check if you can instaal some packages
III-Configure your apt-get to get updated and install from shell
edit this file with sudo /etc/bash.bashrc with (Vi nano or gedit)
to apply this fonction aan reboot is needed . then :
IV-Configure the network Proxy
in the gnome pane go to System > prefences>Network Proxy , use the same proxy for all protocols and insert the proxy host, the port ,
in the details you can use it for authentication (user and password)
Now you are ready to use the proxy server sucessfully , please enjoy with Linuxmen team and any comment or question via Forum.
Related links :
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .