Command-Line Download Manager Aria2 1.18.3 Released!
aria2 is a lightweight multi-protocol & multi-source command-line download utility. It supports HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, BitTorrent and Metalink. aria2 can be manipulated via built-in JSON-RPC and XML-RPC interfaces.
Aria2 1.18.3 release note,
This release fixes the bug which may cause assertion failure after multi-file downloads (e.g., multi-file metalink or torrent) are performed several times due to the bad handling of –bt-max-open-files option.
- Fix crash if unpause failed before assigning BtProgressInfoFile object
- Enable and check PIE in makerelease-osx
- Fix bug that numOpenFile_ is not reduced when MultiDiskAdaptor is deleted
- This bug caused assertion error in RequestGroupMan::ensureMaxOpenFileLimit
Installing Aria2 :
Ubuntu/Mint/Debian/Elementary OS/ Pear OS
$ sudo apt-get install aria2
$ sudo yum install aria2
$ sudo pacman -Sy aria2
NB: Installing aria2 with the above method sometimes doesn’t provide you with the latest version.
You can download tarball and compile from source.
Downloading from WEB:
$ aria2c http://example.org/mylinux.iso
Downloading from 2 sources:
$ aria2c http://a/f.iso ftp://b/f.iso
Download using 2 connections per host:
$ aria2c -x2 http://a/f.iso
$ aria2c http://example.org/mylinux.torrent
BitTorrent Magnet URI:
$ aria2c 'magnet:?xt=urn:btih:248D0A1CD08284299DE78D5C1ED359BB46717D8C'
$ aria2c http://example.org/mylinux.metalink
Downloading URIs found in text file:
$ aria2c -i uris.txt
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .