Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
CMU Sphinx- An Open Source Toolkit For Speech Recognition | Linux
CMU Sphinx is one of the most popular speech recognition applications for Linux and it can correctly capture words. it also gives the developers the ability to build speech systems, interact with voice and build something unique and useful.
One of the good things about Sphinx is that it comes with precompiled binaries for Ubuntu and derivatives. Additionally, it has many language models , so you can use it for many human languages.
CMU Sphinx toolkit has a number of packages for different tasks and applications. It’s sometimes confusing what to choose. To cleanup, here is the list
Pocketsphinx — recognizer library written in C.
Sphinxbase — support library required by Pocketsphinx
Sphinx4 — adjustable, modifiable recognizer written in Java
CMUclmtk — language model tools
Sphinxtrain — acoustic model training tools
You can download CMU Sphinx Toolkit from sourceforge
For installation of Sphinx 4 check the installation instructions in the wiki page.
- For Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
There is a PPA available for CMU Sphinx, but seems that is not updated to work in Ubuntu 10.10 maverick Meerkat, at least for me didn`t work.The PPA is the following
Or check the Launchpad :https://launchpad.net/~dhuggins/+archive/cmusphinx
- If you want to learn how to use Sphinx to recognize speech, check the wiki page
- If you are a developer, this link can be interesing for you : CMUSphinx Tutorial For Developers
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .