CMU Sphinx- An Open Source Toolkit For Speech Recognition | Linux
CMU Sphinx is one of the most popular speech recognition applications for Linux and it can correctly capture words. it also gives the developers the ability to build speech systems, interact with voice and build something unique and useful.
One of the good things about Sphinx is that it comes with precompiled binaries for Ubuntu and derivatives. Additionally, it has many language models , so you can use it for many human languages.
CMU Sphinx toolkit has a number of packages for different tasks and applications. It’s sometimes confusing what to choose. To cleanup, here is the list
Pocketsphinx — recognizer library written in C.
Sphinxbase — support library required by Pocketsphinx
Sphinx4 — adjustable, modifiable recognizer written in Java
CMUclmtk — language model tools
Sphinxtrain — acoustic model training tools
You can download CMU Sphinx Toolkit from sourceforge
For installation of Sphinx 4 check the installation instructions in the wiki page.
- For Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
There is a PPA available for CMU Sphinx, but seems that is not updated to work in Ubuntu 10.10 maverick Meerkat, at least for me didn`t work.The PPA is the following
Or check the Launchpad :https://launchpad.net/~dhuggins/+archive/cmusphinx
- If you want to learn how to use Sphinx to recognize speech, check the wiki page
- If you are a developer, this link can be interesing for you : CMUSphinx Tutorial For Developers
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .