CMU Sphinx- An Open Source Toolkit For Speech Recognition | Linux
CMU Sphinx is one of the most popular speech recognition applications for Linux and it can correctly capture words. it also gives the developers the ability to build speech systems, interact with voice and build something unique and useful.
One of the good things about Sphinx is that it comes with precompiled binaries for Ubuntu and derivatives. Additionally, it has many language models , so you can use it for many human languages.
CMU Sphinx toolkit has a number of packages for different tasks and applications. It’s sometimes confusing what to choose. To cleanup, here is the list
Pocketsphinx — recognizer library written in C.
Sphinxbase — support library required by Pocketsphinx
Sphinx4 — adjustable, modifiable recognizer written in Java
CMUclmtk — language model tools
Sphinxtrain — acoustic model training tools
You can download CMU Sphinx Toolkit from sourceforge
For installation of Sphinx 4 check the installation instructions in the wiki page.
- For Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
There is a PPA available for CMU Sphinx, but seems that is not updated to work in Ubuntu 10.10 maverick Meerkat, at least for me didn`t work.The PPA is the following
Or check the Launchpad :https://launchpad.net/~dhuggins/+archive/cmusphinx
- If you want to learn how to use Sphinx to recognize speech, check the wiki page
- If you are a developer, this link can be interesing for you : CMUSphinx Tutorial For Developers
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .