Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Clonezilla Welcome, Symantec Ghost goodbye
Clonezilla is a partition or disk clone tool similar to Norton Ghost®. It saves and restores only used blocks in hard drive.. Two types of Clonezilla are available,
Clonezilla live : It is suitable for single machine backup and restore.
Clonezilla SE (server edition). : It can clone many computers simultaneously, it was used to clone 41 computers simultaneously and It took only about 10 minutes to clone a 5.6 GBytes system image to all 41 computers via multicasting!
Clonezilla support most of the filesystem liek: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, and HFS+ of Mac OS. Clonezilla support LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not), also multicast is supported under SE version, you can read the complete feature here .
Now we will see how it works, to do that first download Clonezilla :
Now burn the image ISo in a cd and restart your computer. ( click on screenshots bellow to see full-size image)
Choose you language :
2- Choose to start Clonezilla
3- Choose the mode you want to use , Device to image or device to device
4- Now setup the clonezilla image home directory, you can choose where to save the image for example to you usb drive…
5- Choose which mode beginner or advanced mode
6- Now choose what you want to do if you want to restore an image or creat ean image
7- In my case i choosed to create an image and i choosed to save it under name :
8- Now choose for which disk you want to create the image
9- Now clonezilla will start creating the image , just follow by pressing enter to continue
If you have any problem or you need help to create an image for your disk please post your comment or on our forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .