Clonezilla Welcome, Symantec Ghost goodbye
Clonezilla is a partition or disk clone tool similar to Norton Ghost®. It saves and restores only used blocks in hard drive.. Two types of Clonezilla are available,
Clonezilla live : It is suitable for single machine backup and restore.
Clonezilla SE (server edition). : It can clone many computers simultaneously, it was used to clone 41 computers simultaneously and It took only about 10 minutes to clone a 5.6 GBytes system image to all 41 computers via multicasting!
Clonezilla support most of the filesystem liek: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, and HFS+ of Mac OS. Clonezilla support LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not), also multicast is supported under SE version, you can read the complete feature here .
Now we will see how it works, to do that first download Clonezilla :
Now burn the image ISo in a cd and restart your computer. ( click on screenshots bellow to see full-size image)
Choose you language :
2- Choose to start Clonezilla
3- Choose the mode you want to use , Device to image or device to device
4- Now setup the clonezilla image home directory, you can choose where to save the image for example to you usb drive…
5- Choose which mode beginner or advanced mode
6- Now choose what you want to do if you want to restore an image or creat ean image
7- In my case i choosed to create an image and i choosed to save it under name :
8- Now choose for which disk you want to create the image
9- Now clonezilla will start creating the image , just follow by pressing enter to continue
If you have any problem or you need help to create an image for your disk please post your comment or on our forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .