Clonezilla Welcome, Symantec Ghost goodbye
Clonezilla is a partition or disk clone tool similar to Norton Ghost®. It saves and restores only used blocks in hard drive.. Two types of Clonezilla are available,
Clonezilla live : It is suitable for single machine backup and restore.
Clonezilla SE (server edition). : It can clone many computers simultaneously, it was used to clone 41 computers simultaneously and It took only about 10 minutes to clone a 5.6 GBytes system image to all 41 computers via multicasting!
Clonezilla support most of the filesystem liek: ext2, ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, jfs of GNU/Linux, FAT, NTFS of MS Windows, and HFS+ of Mac OS. Clonezilla support LVM2 (LVM version 1 is not), also multicast is supported under SE version, you can read the complete feature here .
Now we will see how it works, to do that first download Clonezilla :
Now burn the image ISo in a cd and restart your computer. ( click on screenshots bellow to see full-size image)
Choose you language :
2- Choose to start Clonezilla
3- Choose the mode you want to use , Device to image or device to device
4- Now setup the clonezilla image home directory, you can choose where to save the image for example to you usb drive…
5- Choose which mode beginner or advanced mode
6- Now choose what you want to do if you want to restore an image or creat ean image
7- In my case i choosed to create an image and i choosed to save it under name :
8- Now choose for which disk you want to create the image
9- Now clonezilla will start creating the image , just follow by pressing enter to continue
If you have any problem or you need help to create an image for your disk please post your comment or on our forum.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .