Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Clementine 0.7 gains a brand new edit tag dialog with autocompletion
Clementine 0.7 is released, This release comes with some new features and improvements. According to the announcement, in this release Clementine gains a brand new edit tag dialog with autocompletion and the ability to automatically identify music and fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz. CUE sheets are now supported – they are detected automatically when scanning your library and each track will show up separately.
Also we can find in this release some improvements in showing album covers in the Library tab, greying out deleted songs, a “Show in file browser” option, support for network proxies, a “Full library rescan” option, and a new tooltip for the track slider that helps you seek more accurately to a specific place in a song.
Image credit: clementine-player
Clementine is a multiplatform music player. It is inspired by Amarok 1.4, focusing on a fast and easy-to-use interface for searching and playing your music.
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Last.fm, SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo and Icecast.
– Create smart playlists and dynamic playlists.
– Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- CUE sheet support.
– Visualisations from projectM.
– Lyrics and artist biographies and photos.
– Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC.
– Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
– Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
– Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
– Cross-platform – works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
– Native desktop notifications on Linux (libnotify) and Mac OS X (Growl).
– Remote control using a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
– Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
– Queue manager.
In Ubuntu and LinuxMint, there is a ppa available (Still not updated to this new release, will inform you when is updated):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install climentine
- For other Linux distributions including Ubuntu and LinuxMint you can download the packages of this new release from this link:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .