Cinnamon1.2 comes with new configuration tool, 5 new applets and more
Cinnamon1.2 has been released, the new release comes with many new features and improvements. Cinnamon1.2 comes with an Improved Main Menu, new desktop effects (Fade & Scale), for customization,added a new configuration tool called “Cinnamon Settings” (See screenshot1),
1-The new configuration tool called “Cinnamon Settings” (pic via Linuxmint.com)
and additional configuration options, 5 new applets by default(Accessibility, Recent documents, Removable drives, Trash, andDisplay (XrandR monitor control)), and added the ability to change the layout of desktop.
Important other changes were made to significantly improve Cinnamon under the hood and these changes are:
- Cinnamon now uses its own window manager (Muffin forks and replaces Mutter in Cinnamon 1.2)
- Cinnamon is no longer compatible with Gnome Shell themes. It is possible however for a theme to define styles for both Gnome Shell and Cinnamon and to be compatible with both desktops.
- Newly open windows are focused by default (instead of appearing in the back with an annoying “Your window is ready” notification)
- Closing windows on an empty workspace no longer triggers the overview.
- The overview was replaced by a desktop Scale plugin (similar to the old Compiz Scale). In future release, this plugin will be associated with CTRL+ALT+DOWN and a new Expo plugin will be mapped to CTRL+ALT+UP.
- Bug fix galore (after this release, 130 issues were closed since the start of the project)
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon
If you want to install Cinnamon in Ubuntu, please use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:merlwiz79/cinnamon-ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install cinnamon cinnamon-session cinnamon-settings
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .