Cinnamon 2.0 Has Been Released!!
Finally Cinnamon 2.0 has been released!
Here is the official release. (Source: Segfault blog )“On behalf of the team and all the developers who contributed to this build, I am proud to announce the release of Cinnamon 2.0! This new version will be featured in Linux Mint 16 “Petra” planned for the end of November and will then be backported to LMDE and Linux Mint 13 LTS. Cinnamon 2.0 represents 5 months of development and 856 commits from 28 developers. It features a lot of bug fixes but also brand new features and many improvements. Here’s a quick overview of some of the new things in Cinnamon 2.0. Have a lot of fun with this new release and don’t hesitate to give us some feedback! Enjoy”
New Features in Cinnamon 2.0
- Better Edge-Tiling
- Sound Effects
- Better User Management
- Nemo Improvements:
- Better MIME handling
- System tray support for file operations
- Other Nemo improvements
- Window manager improvements
More on Segfault blog.
If you want to install Cinnamon 2.0 in Ubuntu/Linux Mint now, you can do so via the unstable PPA if you don’t want to wait. The stable PPA currently has Cinnamon 1.8.8 you can wait though.
To install Cinnamon 2.0 (Unstable PPA), Open Terminal and run the following commands:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install cinnamon
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .