Cinnamon 2.0 Feature-Freeze
Cinnamon is a desktop shell. It is a fork of GNOME Shell, initially developed by (and for) Linux Mint. It provides a usable user environment based on the desktop metaphor, like GNOME 2. Cinnamon uses Muffin, a fork of the GNOME 3 window manager Mutter, as its window manager from Cinnamon 1.2 onwards” (Wikipedia)
- Desktop effects, including animations and transition effects;[clarification needed]
- A movable panel equipped with a main menu, launchers, a window list and the system tray;
- Various extensions;
- Applets that appear on the panel
- Overview with functions similar to that in GNOME Shell; and
- Settings editor for easy customization. It can customize:
- The panel
- The calendar
- Desktop effects
cinnamon-desktop, cjs, cinnamon-session and other projects are under feature-freeze. These Feature-frozen projects are labelled “2.0.0″ and they are still under review. The Cinnamon team has planned a couple of things before Cinnamon 2.0 is considered “stable”. There are many testings and bug fixes to be done before the official release of Cinnamon 2.0.
“After all planned items are done and the team is happy with the quality of the DE, announcements will be made for the official release of Cinnamon 2.0.The new DE will be then featured in the end of November within Linux Mint 16 Petra, and later backported to Linux Mint 13 Maya LTS and LMDE.”, clem writes in Segfault blog.
Read more here.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers, In this tutorial I will teach you how to install a nice and modern text editor...0 comments |
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu : QMPlay2 Build 13.12.15 has been officially released with many new features and improvement of minor ...0 comments |
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu : Guake is a drop-down terminal for GNOME and any other desktop. It aims to provide a quick-access ter...0 comments |
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu : If you are looking for a nice download manager that speeds up your download speed and integrates wel...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install Radio Tray In Ubuntu
- How To Install Liferea Feed Reader In Ubuntu
- How To Install PhotoFilmStrip 2.0 In Ubuntu
- Install Flowblade Movie Editor In Ubuntu
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .