Cinnamon 1.6.6 released, Minor bug fixed
Only a couple of dates after Cinnamon updated to version 1.6.5 (on this November 5th) , project leader Linux Mint Cinnamon announced another quick update i.e. Cinnamon 1.6.6. The update has nothing note-worthy or distinguished from its previous release, however the update fixes localization of application items in main menu- a minor but notable bug.
In their official blog post the release note was also followed by an apology stated in these words “Apologies for the quick succession of minor releases. We’re getting really close to Mint 14 and stabilizing 1.6 incrementally and as quick as we can”. The immediate release was applauded in the community ”release early release often”. Also community has responded positively to the immediate concern shown by developers regarding the bug fix.
Also the Lint Mint 14 release is around the corner and the effort of developers to make Cinnamon stable and complete. Linux Mint Cinnamon as DE 14 will default (along with a version with MATE).
This is one event that once again establishes the superiority of open source software over proprietary software– fixes can be made quickly and without having to wait long for next release by the proprietary company. With “so many eye-balls” its easier to spot and fix bugs!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .