Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Cinnamon 1.6.6 released, Minor bug fixed
Only a couple of dates after Cinnamon updated to version 1.6.5 (on this November 5th) , project leader Linux Mint Cinnamon announced another quick update i.e. Cinnamon 1.6.6. The update has nothing note-worthy or distinguished from its previous release, however the update fixes localization of application items in main menu- a minor but notable bug.
In their official blog post the release note was also followed by an apology stated in these words “Apologies for the quick succession of minor releases. We’re getting really close to Mint 14 and stabilizing 1.6 incrementally and as quick as we can”. The immediate release was applauded in the community ”release early release often”. Also community has responded positively to the immediate concern shown by developers regarding the bug fix.
Also the Lint Mint 14 release is around the corner and the effort of developers to make Cinnamon stable and complete. Linux Mint Cinnamon as DE 14 will default (along with a version with MATE).
This is one event that once again establishes the superiority of open source software over proprietary software– fixes can be made quickly and without having to wait long for next release by the proprietary company. With “so many eye-balls” its easier to spot and fix bugs!
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .