Cinnamon 1.6.6 released, Minor bug fixed
Only a couple of dates after Cinnamon updated to version 1.6.5 (on this November 5th) , project leader Linux Mint Cinnamon announced another quick update i.e. Cinnamon 1.6.6. The update has nothing note-worthy or distinguished from its previous release, however the update fixes localization of application items in main menu- a minor but notable bug.
In their official blog post the release note was also followed by an apology stated in these words “Apologies for the quick succession of minor releases. We’re getting really close to Mint 14 and stabilizing 1.6 incrementally and as quick as we can”. The immediate release was applauded in the community ”release early release often”. Also community has responded positively to the immediate concern shown by developers regarding the bug fix.
Also the Lint Mint 14 release is around the corner and the effort of developers to make Cinnamon stable and complete. Linux Mint Cinnamon as DE 14 will default (along with a version with MATE).
This is one event that once again establishes the superiority of open source software over proprietary software– fixes can be made quickly and without having to wait long for next release by the proprietary company. With “so many eye-balls” its easier to spot and fix bugs!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .