Chrome outshines Firefox, worldwide, this November!
Just as we predicted (even with our not-so-precise mathematical procedure) ‘Google Chrome will beat Mozilla Firefox after October 2011’; Google Chrome has, finally, surpassed Mozilla Firefox Globally for the time period November 2009 – November 2011 on a monthly basis.
According to StatCounter Global Stats, Google Chrome now claims 25.69% of the worldwide-browser-market in contrast to Firefox which sits at 25.23%. It will be interesting to note that Google Chrome merely had a meager share of 4.66% back in November 2009 and since then its share had been up and increasing. Internet Explorer is by far the strongest browser with 40.63% market share, globally. The report reveals that Chrome is the famous browser of Europe when it comes to Chrome vs. Firefox; where Chrome claims 24.82% overtaken Firefox whose market share is 20.56%. Nonetheless, the trend is differing in US where Firefox assumes the second place after Internet explorer with 20.09% market share. Firefox retains second place on 20.09% (declined from 26.75% usage previously). Chrome secures the 3rd place with the share 17.3% from 10.89%.
The CEO of StatCounter, Aodhan Cullen exclaims about the authenticity of their statics “Our stats measure actual browser usage, not downloads, so while Chrome has been highly effective in ensuring downloads our stats show that people are actually using it to access the web also.”
Well, irrespective of which browser is grabbing more market share it is evident that the broser race is heating up and Firefox needs to re-gain market share by captivating its lost users primarily in enterprise sphere.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .