Chrome outshines Firefox, worldwide, this November!
Just as we predicted (even with our not-so-precise mathematical procedure) ‘Google Chrome will beat Mozilla Firefox after October 2011’; Google Chrome has, finally, surpassed Mozilla Firefox Globally for the time period November 2009 – November 2011 on a monthly basis.
According to StatCounter Global Stats, Google Chrome now claims 25.69% of the worldwide-browser-market in contrast to Firefox which sits at 25.23%. It will be interesting to note that Google Chrome merely had a meager share of 4.66% back in November 2009 and since then its share had been up and increasing. Internet Explorer is by far the strongest browser with 40.63% market share, globally. The report reveals that Chrome is the famous browser of Europe when it comes to Chrome vs. Firefox; where Chrome claims 24.82% overtaken Firefox whose market share is 20.56%. Nonetheless, the trend is differing in US where Firefox assumes the second place after Internet explorer with 20.09% market share. Firefox retains second place on 20.09% (declined from 26.75% usage previously). Chrome secures the 3rd place with the share 17.3% from 10.89%.
The CEO of StatCounter, Aodhan Cullen exclaims about the authenticity of their statics “Our stats measure actual browser usage, not downloads, so while Chrome has been highly effective in ensuring downloads our stats show that people are actually using it to access the web also.”
Well, irrespective of which browser is grabbing more market share it is evident that the broser race is heating up and Firefox needs to re-gain market share by captivating its lost users primarily in enterprise sphere.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .