Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Chrome 15 takes off as the World’s most popular browser!
Whether you are in or out, Chrome 15 establishes itself as the most popular browser, Worldwide as reported by the StatCounter, the website analytics company. Chrome 15 claims a 23.6%
usage share of browsers in the market while IE 8 is down to 23.5%, throughout the last week of November (28TH November to 11th December).
Google Chrome last month overtook Mozilla’s famous browser, Firefox on weekly basis. However when all the versions of IE are aggregated, Microsoft Internet Explorer still hold the first position, Google Chrome 2nd and Mozilla Firefox 3rd.
Fig. Chrome 15 takes off IE 8 from 28th November to 11th December
When we explore region-wise, Chrome 15 is the popular browser of UK than compared to IE8. Chrome surpassed IE in UK on the week starting from 7th November. In the last week stating from 5th December, Google Chrome version 15 claims a 24.7% share in UK while Internet Explorer version 8 is down to 21.1%. US, on the other hand, continue to love IE. In the same week, starting from 5th December, US Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 8 claims 27% usage share while Chrome 15 18.1%
The CEO of the StatCounter, Aodhan Cullen, comments on the news: “ Google announced Chrome for business exactly a year ago and IT administrators appear to have embraced it in a remarkably short time,” …. “Looking at the daily stats, Chrome 14 and 15 have been overtaking IE8 at weekends since the beginning of October. However, Chrome 15 overtook IE8 for the first time during the five day working week, in week commencing 5th December. It looks as if people favour Chrome on weekends at home but office commercial use has now caught up.”
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .