Chrome 15 takes off as the World’s most popular browser!
Whether you are in or out, Chrome 15 establishes itself as the most popular browser, Worldwide as reported by the StatCounter, the website analytics company. Chrome 15 claims a 23.6%
usage share of browsers in the market while IE 8 is down to 23.5%, throughout the last week of November (28TH November to 11th December).
Google Chrome last month overtook Mozilla’s famous browser, Firefox on weekly basis. However when all the versions of IE are aggregated, Microsoft Internet Explorer still hold the first position, Google Chrome 2nd and Mozilla Firefox 3rd.
Fig. Chrome 15 takes off IE 8 from 28th November to 11th December
When we explore region-wise, Chrome 15 is the popular browser of UK than compared to IE8. Chrome surpassed IE in UK on the week starting from 7th November. In the last week stating from 5th December, Google Chrome version 15 claims a 24.7% share in UK while Internet Explorer version 8 is down to 21.1%. US, on the other hand, continue to love IE. In the same week, starting from 5th December, US Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 8 claims 27% usage share while Chrome 15 18.1%
The CEO of the StatCounter, Aodhan Cullen, comments on the news: “ Google announced Chrome for business exactly a year ago and IT administrators appear to have embraced it in a remarkably short time,” …. “Looking at the daily stats, Chrome 14 and 15 have been overtaking IE8 at weekends since the beginning of October. However, Chrome 15 overtook IE8 for the first time during the five day working week, in week commencing 5th December. It looks as if people favour Chrome on weekends at home but office commercial use has now caught up.”
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .