Change your desktop background to xsplash / gdm
A bootsplash make your linux nice and beautifull , login screen and desktop. As the new xsplash and gdm in ubuntu karmic (9.10) makes this easy to access, you can use this small daemon script, that dynamically adjust the xsplash and gdm background whenever the user changes his desktop background.
download xsplash screens :
How to INSTALL ?
1- Unpack wallpaper_daemon.py
2- Open terminal and make it executable (Command : chmod +x wallpaper_daemon.py).
3- You may want to backup the default backgrounds, that are stored at /usr/share/images/xsplash. Furthermore the script need user write access to that folder (sudo chmod -R a+rw /usr/share/images/xsplash) and to dynamically change the gdm background appropriately you need to set it to /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg.jpg (sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg.jpg).
You may do all this by running ./wallpaper_daemon.py –install
4- Add wallpaper_daemon.py to the startup programs System –> Preferences –> Startup applications
Related Articles :
- Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
- Change themes in linux the easy way with Epidermis
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .