Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Change your desktop background to xsplash / gdm
A bootsplash make your linux nice and beautifull , login screen and desktop. As the new xsplash and gdm in ubuntu karmic (9.10) makes this easy to access, you can use this small daemon script, that dynamically adjust the xsplash and gdm background whenever the user changes his desktop background.
download xsplash screens :
How to INSTALL ?
1- Unpack wallpaper_daemon.py
2- Open terminal and make it executable (Command : chmod +x wallpaper_daemon.py).
3- You may want to backup the default backgrounds, that are stored at /usr/share/images/xsplash. Furthermore the script need user write access to that folder (sudo chmod -R a+rw /usr/share/images/xsplash) and to dynamically change the gdm background appropriately you need to set it to /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg.jpg (sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg.jpg).
You may do all this by running ./wallpaper_daemon.py –install
4- Add wallpaper_daemon.py to the startup programs System –> Preferences –> Startup applications
Related Articles :
- Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
- Change themes in linux the easy way with Epidermis
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .