Change your desktop background to xsplash / gdm
A bootsplash make your linux nice and beautifull , login screen and desktop. As the new xsplash and gdm in ubuntu karmic (9.10) makes this easy to access, you can use this small daemon script, that dynamically adjust the xsplash and gdm background whenever the user changes his desktop background.
download xsplash screens :
How to INSTALL ?
1- Unpack wallpaper_daemon.py
2- Open terminal and make it executable (Command : chmod +x wallpaper_daemon.py).
3- You may want to backup the default backgrounds, that are stored at /usr/share/images/xsplash. Furthermore the script need user write access to that folder (sudo chmod -R a+rw /usr/share/images/xsplash) and to dynamically change the gdm background appropriately you need to set it to /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg.jpg (sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename /usr/share/images/xsplash/bg.jpg).
You may do all this by running ./wallpaper_daemon.py –install
4- Add wallpaper_daemon.py to the startup programs System –> Preferences –> Startup applications
Related Articles :
- Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
- Change themes in linux the easy way with Epidermis
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .