Change IP or Hostname inSolaris
How to change IP in Solaris 10: (reboot is not needed)
1. Edit ->
#/etc/hosts and /etc/inet/ipnodes files
2. Restart network :
# svcadm restart network/physical
3. To ensure that IP address has been changed,
Change Hostname in Solaris 10 (reboot needed)
Change the hostname in the following files:
and rename directory under /var/crash
# cd /var/crash
# mv oldname newname
How to change IP and Hostname in Solaris 8/9?
Use this Command : /usr/sbin/sys-unconfig and answer some questions to reconfigure your system
/etc/defaultdomain Set the default NIS domain name, if any, if it changed.
/etc/defaultrouter Set the default router’s IP address, if it changed.
/etc/hostname.le0 (or .hme0 or ?) Update if the hostname changed.
/etc/hostname6.le0 (or .hme0 ;bge0;or ?) Ditto, if you use IPv6.
/etc/hostname6.ip.tun0 Update if you use a IPv4/IPv6 tunnel (e.g., 6bone)
/etc/nodename Update if the hostname changed.
/etc/nsswitch.conf Update if your name resolution method/order changed.
/etc/resolv.conf Update if your name servers/domain changed (DNS only).
/etc/inet/hosts Make sure your IP address is updated or added here.
List your FQDN is first, before the short hostname.
E.g., "192.168.1.102 user.unixmen.net user"
/etc/inet/ipnodes IPv6 version of hosts file (Solaris 8+).
/etc/inet/netmasks Set your network number & netmask, if it changed.
/etc/inet/networks Set your network name, if it changed.
/etc/net/ticlts/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
/etc/net/ticots/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
/etc/net/ticotsord/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
Now reboot the syhstem to activate the new ip adress
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .