Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Change IP or Hostname inSolaris
How to change IP in Solaris 10: (reboot is not needed)
1. Edit ->
#/etc/hosts and /etc/inet/ipnodes files
2. Restart network :
# svcadm restart network/physical
3. To ensure that IP address has been changed,
Change Hostname in Solaris 10 (reboot needed)
Change the hostname in the following files:
and rename directory under /var/crash
# cd /var/crash
# mv oldname newname
How to change IP and Hostname in Solaris 8/9?
Use this Command : /usr/sbin/sys-unconfig and answer some questions to reconfigure your system
/etc/defaultdomain Set the default NIS domain name, if any, if it changed.
/etc/defaultrouter Set the default router’s IP address, if it changed.
/etc/hostname.le0 (or .hme0 or ?) Update if the hostname changed.
/etc/hostname6.le0 (or .hme0 ;bge0;or ?) Ditto, if you use IPv6.
/etc/hostname6.ip.tun0 Update if you use a IPv4/IPv6 tunnel (e.g., 6bone)
/etc/nodename Update if the hostname changed.
/etc/nsswitch.conf Update if your name resolution method/order changed.
/etc/resolv.conf Update if your name servers/domain changed (DNS only).
/etc/inet/hosts Make sure your IP address is updated or added here.
List your FQDN is first, before the short hostname.
E.g., "192.168.1.102 user.unixmen.net user"
/etc/inet/ipnodes IPv6 version of hosts file (Solaris 8+).
/etc/inet/netmasks Set your network number & netmask, if it changed.
/etc/inet/networks Set your network name, if it changed.
/etc/net/ticlts/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
/etc/net/ticots/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
/etc/net/ticotsord/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
Now reboot the syhstem to activate the new ip adress
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Anblik .