Change IP or Hostname inSolaris
How to change IP in Solaris 10: (reboot is not needed)
1. Edit ->
#/etc/hosts and /etc/inet/ipnodes files
2. Restart network :
# svcadm restart network/physical
3. To ensure that IP address has been changed,
Change Hostname in Solaris 10 (reboot needed)
Change the hostname in the following files:
and rename directory under /var/crash
# cd /var/crash
# mv oldname newname
How to change IP and Hostname in Solaris 8/9?
Use this Command : /usr/sbin/sys-unconfig and answer some questions to reconfigure your system
/etc/defaultdomain Set the default NIS domain name, if any, if it changed.
/etc/defaultrouter Set the default router’s IP address, if it changed.
/etc/hostname.le0 (or .hme0 or ?) Update if the hostname changed.
/etc/hostname6.le0 (or .hme0 ;bge0;or ?) Ditto, if you use IPv6.
/etc/hostname6.ip.tun0 Update if you use a IPv4/IPv6 tunnel (e.g., 6bone)
/etc/nodename Update if the hostname changed.
/etc/nsswitch.conf Update if your name resolution method/order changed.
/etc/resolv.conf Update if your name servers/domain changed (DNS only).
/etc/inet/hosts Make sure your IP address is updated or added here.
List your FQDN is first, before the short hostname.
E.g., "192.168.1.102 user.unixmen.net user"
/etc/inet/ipnodes IPv6 version of hosts file (Solaris 8+).
/etc/inet/netmasks Set your network number & netmask, if it changed.
/etc/inet/networks Set your network name, if it changed.
/etc/net/ticlts/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
/etc/net/ticots/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
/etc/net/ticotsord/hosts For the streams-level loopback interface.
Now reboot the syhstem to activate the new ip adress
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .