Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Canonical launches Ubuntu App Showdown
Canonical has been recently engaged in attracting third party application developers to their Ubuntu Platform. Last year, Canonical launched a special developer program that was aimed at facilitating developers to distribute stand-alone applications through the Ubuntu Software Centre. Now, once again, Canonical in its attempt to attract developers, is hosting a contest called the Ubuntu App Showdown.
Canonical, through this contest, is geared to publicise its set of tools and frameworks that can be utilised by Ubuntu users for rapid application development. The company has also produced a series of video tutorials in order to introduce new developers with the Gtk+ widget toolkit, Glade user interface designer and the Python programming language.
The contest has started on June 18th and will extend till 9th July. Participants have 3 weeks to build and submit a working Ubuntu application from scratch. The apps submitted in the contest will be judged by a panel for Appearance, Stability, Platform Integration, Innovation and Scratching an Itch. The best apps will win some awesome prizes from System76 and Qt including a System76 Gazelle Professional laptop and Nokia N9 phone for the gold prize, a System76 Lemur Ultra laptop and Nokia N9 phone for the silver prize and a Nokia N9 phone for the bronze prize. After the contest the community will vote on all of the apps in the Ubuntu Software Centre and the top 3 most voted app will receive Nokia N9 phones each.
Further details of the contest can be found here. http://developer.ubuntu.com/showdown/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .