Cairo dock 2.3 comes with better compiz integration , new themes, system monitor applet and more
Cairo Dock or GLX-2.3.0 is released, this new release comes with many new features and fixed many bugs. It features a System Monitor applet, a logout applet, Better layout for the menus, slider is much faster, better compiz and Kwin integration and more.
What`s new in GLX-Dock 2.3.0
A lot of new applets are available in our new repository! (Transmission, Deluge, MintMenu, Translator, Quote of the day, etc). You can install them for free in a single click!
The new “Recent-Events” applet lets you browse your last activties (music, videos, documents, web pages, etc).
The System-Monitor applet can now monitor CPU temperature and fan speed.
The menus have a better layout.
The Logout applet now warns you when the computer needs to be restarted.
The Stack applet now displays the web page’s favicon.
The Drop and Share applet now handles UbuntuOne.
Better integration with Compiz and Kwin.
Several bug-fixes and improvments.
Installation of Cairo Dock2.3.0:
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
For other Linux distributions, please choose your distro in this link and follow the installation instructions.
Useful Links: http://www.glx-dock.org/
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .