Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Cairo dock 2.3 comes with better compiz integration , new themes, system monitor applet and more
Cairo Dock or GLX-2.3.0 is released, this new release comes with many new features and fixed many bugs. It features a System Monitor applet, a logout applet, Better layout for the menus, slider is much faster, better compiz and Kwin integration and more.
What`s new in GLX-Dock 2.3.0
A lot of new applets are available in our new repository! (Transmission, Deluge, MintMenu, Translator, Quote of the day, etc). You can install them for free in a single click!
The new “Recent-Events” applet lets you browse your last activties (music, videos, documents, web pages, etc).
The System-Monitor applet can now monitor CPU temperature and fan speed.
The menus have a better layout.
The Logout applet now warns you when the computer needs to be restarted.
The Stack applet now displays the web page’s favicon.
The Drop and Share applet now handles UbuntuOne.
Better integration with Compiz and Kwin.
Several bug-fixes and improvments.
Installation of Cairo Dock2.3.0:
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cairo-dock-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock
For other Linux distributions, please choose your distro in this link and follow the installation instructions.
Useful Links: http://www.glx-dock.org/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .